I forgot to give an update on something here for my forum friends
Feel free to talk about anything and everything in this board.
- Started by
- last active about 1 month ago
Readers of this topic also read:
- So we all know there is a lot of scam going on these days. We are all too quick to jump on scammy...READ
I wrote back in April it was either an Easter egg hunt for my retarded beagle or he was going to have to be put to sleep at 14 yrs old. It ended up on April 21st his health went down the tubes so I had him put to sleep. The great news is on May 6th I rescued from a shelter the godzilla of female labs. She is 3 years old and her head almost stands 3 feet high. She is an absolutely georgous black lab with a thick, shiney coat. She has 2 flaws. One of her hips is shot. I had my vet check her out after my neighbor noticed she walks bowed in real bad on her back legs. One of her hips started cracking when my vet rotated it. I will be putting her on an all natural pill for her joints. I refused to put her on a prescription drug that could cause liver and heart problems. She acts like she has 2 good hips. Her other flaw is after 10 days she has turned into the barking lab from hell. Lol, she stands on the love seat looking out the front window barking at every leaf that moves. I dont have to worry about feeling safe in the house with her. I changed her name because she didnt answer to her given name which was Loki. In the same vein as Blackie Lab and Gunny Lab my previous labs I renamed her Lottie Lab. I love Lottie Lab to death. She is such a great companion. Take care everyone !!!!!!!
- Started by
- at June 02, 2011, 03:12:45
- last active about 1 month ago
Gunnylab, I had a large lab mix that became arthritic with age. She could not tolerate Dermaxx or Rimadyl - doggie NSAIDs - and the supplements did not seem to alleviate her discomfort much. Tramadol did help her quite a bit, she took the medication for 2 years. Last fall I had to make the same decision for her as you did for your Beagle.
- Replied by
- at June 02, 2011, 14:31:09
I'm sorry to hear you lost your friend but you did him a kindness imho.
Congrats on your new addition! (I think Lottie won the jackpot.)
- Blue, to be honest with u CJ the retarded beagle was the worse dog Ive ever owned. I had 2 labs and a white bull terrier aka a spud mckenzie dog when Cj showed up at work as a stray. No one at work wanted him so I took him home instead of shipping him to a shelter. I dont miss him at all and I am totally thrilled to have Lottie Lab. She is named after a forum friend from my favorite band Here Come the Mummies. The real Lottie is tall, black hair and goofy as hell just like my lab.
- Welcome,Lottie Lab!
It's an honor to have you here with us and thanks to Gunny for the instruction.
You wouldn't have found any better owner than Gunny.
I can not wait to see the pictures of how cute you look and all the great funny chaos you will be bring into Gunny's life.
It's funny that I too recently rescued two stray puppies that were about to be euthanatized at the pound.
One is three months old terrier mix with one leg short(no one knows for certain what has happened to caused it) and another one is about six months old chihuahua mix and was very sick when we adopted her and for some strange reason, she can't bark...
I don't know what it was but there was just something about them made me feel they belong in my zoo.
All from an email that I received from the pound where I rescued a stray cat,Hazel about a year ago, asking for donations for animals otherwise scheduled to be put to sleep...
We purchased some blankets, foods and small amount of money to donate but ended up coming home with those two puppies.
I was shocked to see how horrible the place was....overwhelmed by the numbers of stray animals packed in each small cages with not enough blankets or towels but filled with feces and odors...
We named them Zhia and Baja.......so now I have two puppies,three cats and two human monkeys in my monkey zoo.
- gunnylab wrote:
Blue, to be honest with u CJ the retarded beagle was the worse dog Ive ever owned. I had 2 labs and a white bull terrier aka a spud mckenzie dog when Cj showed up at work as a stray. No one at work wanted him so I took him home instead of shipping him to a shelter. I dont miss him at all and I am totally thrilled to have Lottie Lab. She is named after a forum friend from my favorite band Here Come the Mummies. The real Lottie is tall, black hair and goofy as hell just like my lab.
I remember you saying about your beagle but a life is a life and at least you gave this dog a better life than it would have had in a shelter, whether you liked the dog or not.
lcb activities in the last 24 hours
Join the club
- new members
- members online
- guests online
- new posts
- free games played
Most viewed forum posts
- Hi LCB'ers,Here is a list of freebies that are not on the weekly code list. This list includes casinos to check your acct, call/email for free chip and casinos not listed here at our forum. I will update this list on...
- Hello dear LCBers,LimoPlay Casino has something special in stored for you!!Each week Vitali, the lovely casino representative from LimoPlay will be posting a new contest. Please subscribe to this thread by clicking on...