I Need some help with Christmas Gifts!!
Feel free to talk about anything and everything in this board.
- Started by
- last active about 1 month ago
Readers of this topic also read:
- I have 10 people i have to buy gifts for trying to keep my budget around 20 each, 6 men and 4 women. I went shopping last night and while i was there my mind became blank and couldn't find the right choices, everything seemed so cheesy.. kids are easy to buy for i spent alot of time in the toy department and was satisfied with all their purchases,but i cant find anything decent for the adults, the 10 people i have left are not family members 2 of them i can just get gift cards.. but the others.. gaaah..
does anyone have any good ideas for these gifts, i'd appreciate any suggestions, baking, cooking, crafts or something new is also okay
- I always used to buy people ornaments from Macy's. Something pretty or silly works for both guys and girls. You can do that easily under $20 each. I felt like it was something they could add to their collection and would get some use. When I got cupcake mix or holiday bread mix from people I never used it. Frango mints are another great gift. They can eat em all up themselves or put it out for Christmas to share.
Happy shopping Imagin.
- One of the nicest Christmas presents i ever got was so simple and inexpensive but i absolutely adore it and put it up every year at Christmas.
It was a small picture frame 5x7 that was trimmed in gold. The picture was Yes, Virginia there is a Santa Claus" newspaper article.
It was nostalgic and sent a message that touches the hearts of us all to simply just believe. Here is that article and would be very cheap to make. Of course you can condense it and the one i have was actually cut out from a Christmas card with gold lettering. You could actually use any Christmas card that had a sentimental phrase in it.
"DEAR EDITOR: I am 8 years old.
"Some of my little friends say there is no Santa Claus.
"Papa says, 'If you see it in THE SUN it's so.'
"Please tell me the truth; is there a Santa Claus?
"115 WEST NINETY-FIFTH STREET."
VIRGINIA, your little friends are wrong. They have been affected by the skepticism of a skeptical age. They do not believe except [what] they see. They think that nothing can be which is not comprehensible by their little minds. All minds, Virginia, whether they be men's or children's, are little. In this great universe of ours man is a mere insect, an ant, in his intellect, as compared with the boundless world about him, as measured by the intelligence capable of grasping the whole of truth and knowledge.
Yes, VIRGINIA, there is a Santa Claus. He exists as certainly as love and generosity and devotion exist, and you know that they abound and give to your life its highest beauty and joy. Alas! how dreary would be the world if there were no Santa Claus. It would be as dreary as if there were no VIRGINIAS. There would be no childlike faith then, no poetry, no romance to make tolerable this existence. We should have no enjoyment, except in sense and sight. The eternal light with which childhood fills the world would be extinguished.
Not believe in Santa Claus! You might as well not believe in fairies! You might get your papa to hire men to watch in all the chimneys on Christmas Eve to catch Santa Claus, but even if they did not see Santa Claus coming down, what would that prove? Nobody sees Santa Claus, but that is no sign that there is no Santa Claus. The most real things in the world are those that neither children nor men can see. Did you ever see fairies dancing on the lawn? Of course not, but that's no proof that they are not there. Nobody can conceive or imagine all the wonders there are unseen and unseeable in the world.
You may tear apart the baby's rattle and see what makes the noise inside, but there is a veil covering the unseen world which not the strongest man, nor even the united strength of all the strongest men that ever lived, could tear apart. Only faith, fancy, poetry, love, romance, can push aside that curtain and view and picture the supernal beauty and glory beyond. Is it all real? Ah, VIRGINIA, in all this world there is nothing else real and abiding.
No Santa Claus! Thank God! he lives, and he lives forever. A thousand years from now, Virginia, nay, ten times ten thousand years from now, he will continue to make glad the heart of childhood.
- Lips, that is truely something to cherish, beautifully written, it gives you tears.. we are the Virginias is this world, excellent idea!!
Reminds me of Danny the older neighborhood boy that always told the tales but never beleived, he lived next door to me, one day i saw him in his window of his room, his elbow on the sill and his face leaning on his hand.. i opened my window and said, Hi Danny, what you doing? He said.. Nothing.. I said, Can you come out to play? He said No.. I said, why not are you sick..? he said "No i'm grounded.. I said Grounded? He said "Yeah because i told my little sister there was no Santa Clause"
p0kahontis, thats another good idea when i geta sec i'm going browse that site, thank you
Froggy,exactly.. when i get those mixes, or those hard candies i never use those.. but those mints, those mints covered in chocolate with the little colorful sprinkles are a great idea, everyone loves those!
lcb activities in the last 24 hours
Join the club
- new members
- members online
- guests online
- new posts
- free games played
Most viewed forum posts
- Hi LCB'ers,Here is a list of freebies that are not on the weekly code list. This list includes casinos to check your acct, call/email for free chip and casinos not listed here at our forum. I will update this list on...
- Hello dear LCBers,LimoPlay Casino has something special in stored for you!!Each week Vitali, the lovely casino representative from LimoPlay will be posting a new contest. Please subscribe to this thread by clicking on...