I need technical help...
Feel free to talk about anything and everything in this board.
- Started by
- last active 4 hrs ago
Readers of this topic also read:
- ...actually it's a miracle I came this far. A few days ago I had deleted all but 7,000 plus files from 50,000 plus files trying to make room. I finally was able to put reinstallation disc that came with computer after a few failed attempts. It was okay, but having to start over. I got updates on, alot of them, up to service pack2. I had trouble getting tournaments to let me on after downloading microgaming. Thought I needed mozilla firefox to get addons, but found alls I may have needed was enabling cookies from anywhere. In my disc cleanup my compressed files went away and that really tickled me. But what I can't figure is why there's only 2% space left???? I have only 10,000 plus in search, when I search all files. 2 questions answered may help.. Say if I have SP1 and SP2 and SP3(which I don't right now, but did at one time) Can I take off SP1 ? Or SP2? As long as I have the highest one? I got Mozilla off but I think the Java addon went to IE which is now my home, I'm afraid to take anything off cause it's working and Grand Slam tournament in 8 days. I'm using a borrowed Cricket wireless for internet now, but by Friday should have new modem from AT&T. I've been so bad off I haven't been able to pay mine, so my new AT&T account 's first bill will have $100 tacked on. The old modems which were paid for don't work, what a racket. Anyway if anyone can make some sense of my dilemna please don't be shy. Thank you and sorry it's so long and dull. Someday I'll learn to do neat pictures and flourishing!
- ok i can save you about 40 bucks................i just reinstated my cricket and its only 54 bucks total and that covers a months use. Ive had a friend that did this after hed been disconnected 5 days maybe lol NOW as for your pc problems i feel for you, but wow if i were you i would fdisk format reinstall 1 version but you can only do that once with most recovery disks SO i would leave well enough alone if its running then atleast you can be a spinnin
- Hi Helwin.....8 days!!!!!! oooooohooooooo!!!
Ok..take off service pack 3, you don't need it
But I really don't think it will give you all that much space. What did you do? 2% left?
Do you have a lot of music/video files?? They take up a lot of memory. If so, get a flash drive or external hard drive and put them on there.
I need more info to help you..
- You don't have a read writable CD/DVD player? burn you pics to some CD and delete um off your computer.
As for SP1 SP2 SP3 all are necessary to continue to get updates from Microsoft and people don't realize that all those XP patch this and SP that keeps the vermin (hackers) from getting to you.
LOL they were able to create these patches because they got hacked
- Thanks guys I'll have to come back to decipher your remedies. I don't have any pictures. Is it possible I have really got my computer confused and made it feeble? How do I know what updates I don't need? Thanks for the mention of not needing SP3 cause I had a bad time with it once, and I haven't got it loaded yet. It's sure taking alot of updates and in such a short time. It used to be a long process, weeks. There's hardly any room sometimes, but after certain updates, there's more room.
- Hi there helwin,
Is it possible that you made a backup copy of your entire computer files before you reloaded windows? Is it possible the computer did this without you knowing? You need to explore your computer, search for big files but be careful what you delete.
Not much help I know but its a thought.
- You guys and gals have been a big help and I truly appreciate it. I don't have any music here, but I noticed a bunch of it in my search area and figured it came with something. I realized that the compressed glob must have blown into my search area cause there's more there, I just moved it around. I'm glad I got it out of there I think. It may be easier to get rid of now, but only if I knew what's what! I have the days to compress the files at 20, maybe that's why. oh well, I guess now I can worry about getting my spins optimized at Allslots, so I won't fall asleep during tournament. They go too slow, not at other microgaming casinos. I asked about it and support told me to enable cookies by lowering the that thing all the way. Not really helping, maybe I should go tighter. See how easy it is to make a catastrophe? Do and undo and then forget what I did. Before all this I meddled with a free sample of clone remover! Hey Are these little yellow guys gonna be watching the tournament? A cheering squad just might be what we need.
- *smacks forehead* duh it just hit me (lol@punny)
with the cricket internet to run fast i run a program called cccleaner it is easy and will delete all those lil hiding files that slow down yer wireless PLUS its easy easy easy
dont feel lost my sister just emailed me reminding me of the time long ago when she had pc problems she calls me up crying she tells me "All I did was delete all those stupid dill files now nothing works" lol she had hard deleted all files with the extension .dll dynamic link library files rofl she now call me to come over and fix things deleting files using the delete button can be dangerous
- I've used that before ccleaner, when I went looking for it last I got suckered into something else! I've been trying to find something comparable. And wouldn't you know the only time I bought one for $60 online, it had to go bad. I'm trying to do this siri.urz thing in safe mode to clean any infections, but I don't think it works with Cricket, maybe with Comcast. Now my Rich reels is acting up I took it off and reinstalled.....somethings got to work, I'll try that if I can find it Thanks Lady.......
- Rich Richs is a very large download...
its the largest casino i have. and it slows me down sometimes too.
a lot of times when i have these large ones to get them to play faster, i put the games that i want to play into the favorites, and only play out of there. instead of taking up 160k which slows down everything, it only take up around 12-21k which gives your game a much better speed.
as far as service pack 3...when i was having computer problems, my tech support told me it was NOT necessary, and had me uninstall mine.
- Thanks Nalgenie, not sure how to do that, especially for free tournies. Do you stayed logged in to casino save in favs and unload casino? Can you elaborate on this, I feel like such a dummy! I have casinos back on, needed Mozilla to do it after rich reels and Allslots came back on unchanged and couldn't play tournies. Better now, but I still worry about Allslots tournaments ( where I have Grand Slam entry) why they go so slow? None of the other casinos go slow like there. I asked support before, they said enable all cookies. Did that . I wonder if they could let me play mine at All jackpots or Wild Jack?
- Hey Helwin,
Don't feel like a dummy...sometimes computers can really seem overwhelming, but it really isn't so bad.
This is very simple. Just go into the casino, and click on GAMES.
Once in there...you will find 10 very large icons SLOT, BLACKJACK, ETC, FAVORITES.
Just click FAVORITES, and there you have it...all the games you have been playing right along have automatically gone into the FAVORITES.
Just do NOT open the main SLOTS , VIDEOPOKER, ETC, or else ALL the memory will be used, by just going into FAVORITES, only a very small portion of the casino opens, and a small amount of memory is being used.
One big thing I wanted to ask you Helwin...have you checked the roster at the GRAND SLAM OF SLOTS? I did not see your name on it. Maybe you are under a different name, I hope. I checked because I remember you worrying about it in the beginning when you said you won, so you better check it out. Did you confirm your position?
Because I had to. If not, better go check with your casino.
- Replied by
- at October 16, 2009, 16:31:02
- last active 1 hour ago
lcb activities in the last 24 hours
Join the club
- new members
- members online
- guests online
- new posts
- free games played