Is honesty always the best policy?
Ever fib to save someone feelings?
White lies may appear to be harmless, but they are still lies, right?
Then there’s the lie by omission, we only tell half the truth. We omit certain facts, details or information leading someone to believe one thing when we know another to be true. Lying, even on a small scale, seems unavoidable.
We lie to our friends, we lie to strangers, we lie to our employer, we lie to ourselves .
Is it possible to be 100% honest all of the time?
Is it ever okay to lie?
Readers of this topic also read:
- it is easiest to always be honest . when it comes to other people if you think about it is easiest to deal with something when that person is up front with you . if they lie to you not only do you have to deal with what they lied to you about but on top of it you now have a trust issue .
Ever fib to save someone feelings ? when it comes to this my thoughts are never offer info , but if asked directly about an issue don't lie .
these are my thoughts on lying . i live by this . it all started this way cause i wanted to lead by example when it came to my son . how could i expect him to be honest with me , if he seen me lying to people . he is now 19 and i don't believe he would lie to anyone for any reason
- the secret behind the art of fighting without fighting...one must learn how to lie....the better the lie the more likely you will win...
a key point to remember...
a lie is only a lie to the one who lied as for the others who listened - what is the lie....is not a lie...it is the truth...
.....unless the one who lied sucked at lying.
- No matter how much I tried not to lie, there is sometimes you can not escape from it... well, the only reason I try to live my life true is because of my daughter. I always remember whenever I happen to lie about something, I just look into my daughter's eyes...then I stop...and there is an old saying, " a lie brings another lie..." truth always come out soon or later.
- My policy is always say the truth! Even if it hurts people! :'( I have two options in this case: to say the truth or to keep silence! My friends know it! They understand if I don't give any comments I just don't like it!
But in the same time I will never believe that there are people who always say the truth! Of course, it's taken place in my life, too! But very often it happens when I just don't want to explain something...or to avoid long discussion...
- Replied by
- at November 06, 2009, 05:46:07
- last active 5 months ago
- I gotta say I have told a white lie in the past. Only to save someones feelings. Like old people. Who can tell them that the clothes they are wearing are from the 20's and they look ridicoulous, when they think they are dressed to the T. I for one cannot do that to someone, ecspecially in that situation.
How about when teenagers constantly want money? Do you tell them the truth, that you just stopped at the ATM on the way home, and you do in fact have money in your purse/wallet? Or do you fib, and say, "I'm sorry, but I don't have any cash to give you right now to blow.
How about when a small child loses a pet, and asks Mom or Dad if they will see them again? Now we have our beliefs, but no one really knows what Heaven is like. DO you tell the truth and say "You may not see them again." Or fib just a tad and say whole heartedly, "YES" even though we dont know for sure.
Just some scenerios to throw out there.
lcb activities in the last 24 hours
Join the club
- new members
- members online
- guests online
- new posts
- free games played