is it legal for the President to lie?
Feel free to talk about anything and everything in this board.
- Started by
- last active 4 months ago
Readers of this topic also read:
- Intertops Red Casino - Exclusive Freeroll Tourney this December only for LCB members For New and...READ
- It appears that the statements made by the obama administration and himself personally have turned out to be total falsehoods, even based on the information they immediately had in regards to the Libya terrorist attack on the US embassy. Is it legal for the president to lie? I wonder if any Obama supporters feel that this is wrong? Have any Obama supporters changed their minds based on any of his hope and change promises that didnt quite turn out to be true? hmmmmm.... amp;
- There are many things that are not legal and broken promises (lies) of elected officials should be illegal because they are leading US citizens down the garden path that's for sure.
I had a lot of hope that things would get better when in Obama became president. I cut him a lot of slack opting for an opinion that it was going to take time to make changes and it can't be done overnight but now i feel i'm faced with the reality of no faith in him any longer.
In fact i don't have any faith in any politician. We can't believe in campaign speeches in either camp because all it's all a power struggle between Democrats and Republicans. It's dirty politics where platforms are based on outwitting their opponents and where winning means to feed off any negative press out there where they can sling mud at each other.
At this point i don't really know who i want to vote for and not voting at all would be UN-American. I would love to hear some concrete feedback on both camps from members and hopefully come to a resolution and feel confident in who i vote for.
"Today, most of the good people are afraid to be good. They strive to be broadminded and tolerant. It is fashionable to be tolerant but mostly tolerant of evil and this new code has reached the proportions of demanding intolerance of good."
FRankly Lips, I'm really NOT worried about who gets elected, because while the POTUS can propose things it's congress who makes or breaks the POTUS and in this case it's the fault of both parties.
- Replied by
- at October 11, 2012, 17:05:42
- last active about 1 month ago
If Obama gets a second term, he'll probably do no better, if Romney gets in, he may fair as badly as Obama.
Oh and for chuckles, I just finished a book written in 2000 where the POTUS
was President Romney!!! Strange isin't it??
- Selecting a new leader is like selecting a deckchair on Titanic!
It's the same in the UK. They all lie to get votes so they are voted in. They promise everything but never deliver and by the end of their administration, things are always decidely worse. It's not illegal to lie to your public but there is little point.
- to me, the lies from the lybia attack, was a flat out coverup. they knew they facts and knowingly lied to the american people over and over for days/weeks. one of the major differences that seem obvious between Obama and Romney, is experience. Obama was voted in with no experience, he has still not created a job. Romney has much business experience. Obamas foreign policy is, and has been from day one, the weakest portrait of America ever portrayed to the world. Neither has foreign policy experience but Romney will surround himself with the top advisors, Obama was too smart to receive face to face daily briefings. Obama tried to suck up to the muslim nations hoping that terrorists wouldnt attack. weak leadership plan. I am hoping for change.
- I think the real question in all this is in the first amendment and Freedom of Speech. Is it legal to deny Freedom of Speech in which is the the backbone and the very foundation of our nation?
Obama did not defend the right to Freedom of Speech when he addressed world leaders in his address.We can't have any exceptions to this rule and it seems to me that is exactly what Obama is doing.
But then again hasn't our Freedom of Speech already been weakened long before this? Has it not slowly been sabotaging our rights? We have long been criticized by nations around the world for first amendment right and government in the past has always stood strong to defend it. Seems to me we are buckling under the pressure and to me is what is illegal.
lcb activities in the last 24 hours
Join the club
- new members
- members online
- guests online
- new posts
- free games played