Love old movies....can't resist actors/actresses....challenge me!
Feel free to talk about anything and everything in this board.
- Started by
- last active 4 months ago
Readers of this topic also read:
- SpinsVilla Casino are offering 50% cashback on all your deposits between 6th December and 31st...READ
- These are actresses and actors I usually can't resist.
Thelma Ritter...Pickup on South street,Pillow talk,A hole in the head,How the west was won,Rear window, A letter to 3 wives,The mating season
Glen Ford...Cimarron, Dearheart,Ransom
Lucille Ball...The long long trailer,Yours mine and ours, The Big street
Marilyn Monroe...The 7 year itch, Some like it hot, The asphalt jungle, How to marry a Millionaire,Don't bother to knock, Monkey business
Richard Widmark...Pickup on south street, Don't bother to knock,Panic in the streets,Kiss of death (Gotta see this one!!)
Juano Hernandez...Intruders in the dust,Young man with a horn, St.Louis Blues (An ahead of his time African american actor, actually was Puerto Rican)
Sophia Loren...House boat,It started in Naples, etc.
Cary Grant...Oh gawd so many, House boat, Monkey business Bringing up baby,Mister Blandings builds his dream house,Father Goose
John Garfield...So many again
Fred Astaire....Top hat, Daddy long legs,Shall we dance,Swingtime, Follow the fleet
Ginger Rogers...Swingtime, Follow the fleet, Kitty Foyle,The Major and the Minor,Monkey Business,(with Cary Grant,and Marilyn Monroe)
Leslie Caron...Lili,Daddy long legs,Gigi,An American in Paris,Father Goose
Juanita Moore...Imitation of life,A child is waiting,Ransom, Womens prison
Audrey Hepburn...Breakfast at Tiffanys, Sabrina,My Fair lady, Roman holiday
Show me a pic of an actor/actress from an old movie,and chances are I will be able to name them....I will take any challenges,send a pic and see!
I love the 3 Stooges,and Jerry Lewis,Laurel and Hardy,and Abbott and Costello
ok so I have a "goofy" streak, but I love to laugh and they crack me up!
Prison movies, Ida Lupino,Gene Kelly movies, I could go on and on.
Please share your old favorites too!!
- Speaking of fake looking props, do you remember the puppet show (but popular), Thunderbirds are go?! AND...Diver Dan? The funny lip movements of Clutch cargo and (his pals Spinner & Paddlefoot?)
Ahhh Saturday morning television was Heaven when I was a kid,Bullwinkle, Fractured fairytales,Underdog, Magilla gorilla,Fantastic four,Tennessee tuxedo,Atom ant etc etc etc
- Ok now, simmer down , bad phrasing sorry, I think what seemed fakish and odd were the quirky movements, remember I was watching through the eyes of a little kid in awe of these "people" like things moving around in glamourous costumes and backgrounds, yet they were not people....mind blowing!!rokko wrote:
THERE IS NOTHING FAKE ABOUT THUNDERBIRDS!
If you think of it, the 1960s Supermarionation was something like handmade CGI-effects, brilliant then, brilliant today.
- Myrna Loy and super fine azz Robert Taylor!! Lucky NightImagin.ation wrote:
Speaking of Thunderbirds.. on one of my cable TV channels they held a Marathon of the Thunderbirds.. me and my daughter adored it.. we'd watch them over and over if we could!
Another one we seen was GIGANTOR! and Felix the Cat!
- Myrna Loy....she was pretty, loved her in Mr. Blandings builds his dream house, and The Batchelor and the Bobby soxer, and all the Thin man movies too.rokko wrote:
Here is a real (class) classic one:
lcb activities in the last 24 hours
Join the club
- new members
- members online
- guests online
- new posts
- free games played
Most viewed forum posts
- Hi LCB'ers,Here is a list of freebies that are not on the weekly code list. This list includes casinos to check your acct, call/email for free chip and casinos not listed here at our forum. I will update this list on...
- Hello dear LCBers,LimoPlay Casino has something special in stored for you!!Each week Vitali, the lovely casino representative from LimoPlay will be posting a new contest. Please subscribe to this thread by clicking on...