Feel free to talk about anything and everything in this board.
- Started by
- last active about 1 month ago
Readers of this topic also read:
Posting to the forums is only allowed for members with active accounts
- Mothers Day is right around the corner, what are your plans?
Im just hoping for a break and a nap!!!
Every year I get a card or something from my kids that go to school which I hang on my wall. Last year was handprints and a poem, this year my daughter in 1st grade, has a super secret project she is doing, and she keeps giving me hints.
Im a blessed mother of 5 beautiful children, and thats a gift that keeps on giving.
"Today, most of the good people are afraid to be good. They strive to be broadminded and tolerant. It is fashionable to be tolerant but mostly tolerant of evil and this new code has reached the proportions of demanding intolerance of good."
Well, while she was alive (The last 5 years) I'd send her flowers. She always "Verbally" got upset, but my older sister (Spy No. 1) always told me she had a smile when she mentioned the gift.
- Replied by
- at May 04, 2010, 04:24:09
- last active 3 months ago
To all, Tell your Mother (If it be so) how much you appreciated her sacrifices for you. For when she's gone, it's too late.
- My grandma is like my mother, my mother passed away 10 years ago. Anyways I wish I could go visit grandma for mothers day. If I could have anything I wanted in this whole wide world, that would be on top of my list.
- This will be the first mother's day that I won't be able to celebrate with my mother and two other aunties as I always did...my love for my family is too strong that it can never be out of sight then out of mind...
Now...my in law lives near and I started a big plan for my mother in law who brought my husband into this world that I could be with him...now, that alone I should thank her on this mother's day...and I m pretty sure when I am good to his mother, he will be good to mine as well...wink!
Now...as for being a mother, all I want is just have a one day without my kids...ha ha ha just kidding!!!
- Doc, have you ever tried going to ACA...Adult Children of Alcoholics? It's a wonderful program.
Gene, that post was so sweet.
Me? My son and I are headed to Vegas for 10 days over Mothers Day. My mom lives there half the year. It's funny, I never realized how much I appreciated my mother (despite our vast differences) until I had my own child.
- Sadly, My Mother is no longer here to enjoy the day with.
Her Birthday was the 12th of May, Mine is the 14th, and Mothers Day was always the day we had a big party to celebrate all three. Those were wonderful times.
I take plants and flowers to the cemetary for her, as she loved them in life. It's the least I could do. She gave me life.
Happy Mothers Day (this Sunday) to all the wonderful Mothers out there.
- I can't bring my mom flowers to the cemetary, its far away in Vegas. I had a hard relationship with my mother it was a love/hate kind of thing.
She was a drug addict, and a "working girl" most of my life. I used to think I hated her, until I had to fight my own addiction demons. Then I understood her sickness. No matter what she has done to me, and no matter what shes done in her life, I do love her, and miss her deeply.
lcb activities in the last 24 hours
Join the club
- new members
- members online
- guests online
- new posts
- free games played