My friend quit smoking...Well good for her...Now leave me alone!!!
Feel free to talk about anything and everything in this board.
- Started by
- last active about 2 months ago
Readers of this topic also read:
- Hi Gang:
I am a smoker. Most of my friends are smokers. It isn't that I chose for it to be that way, it just is. Just how it happened to turn out.
Well one of the friends in my inner circle was successful in quitting. She went cold turkey, and dropped the habit in about 2 weeks. Made it look easy.
Gang, I am telling you now, it is almost miserable to be around her now.
All her time is spent telling us to quit the "nasty habit." That it "stinks", that it is bad for us. That she is subjected to second hand smoke when she hangs out with us. That she goes home smelling of cigarette smoke. That we are killing ourselves with each puff.
She even went as far as sending me a email with a picture of a man dying of lung cancer.
Now I know she means well, but she is over the top with it.
Do Ex-smokers think this type of talk helps the rest of us to quit?
Once, many years ago, I had quit too. I quit for nine years. Was I the same way? Did I push my opinions on people around me about smoking?
What happens to people after they are able to quit and then suddenly turn into an advocate for the National Cancer Society? :-\
Anyone out there ever deal\dealing with an Ex-Smoker?
How about folks that have a spouse or significant other that does not smoke and you do?
OH....It gets only better from here on out PMM. Just wait until she rediscovers her "FAITH". That is usually the next step 4 some1 with this kind of personality. !
- Replied by
- at September 27, 2009, 15:34:48
- last active about 1 month ago
U know I probably have cursed u now just by saying that. So in case it does end up happening this way, I would like to send u my personal apology in advance. !
- oh..meow-mix, that has happened to my little brother, and it is really devasting to my older brother and me, who has challenged every rule in the universe according to him.
i have no problem with the way i have lived my life, and it really kills me to have this little shit pushing this crap at me. me and my older bro would both like to take him out. nothing worse than a reformed anything. i quit smoking, and don't like it a lot, but don't push my ways on people. i don't like people smoking in my house, that's about it.
- I don't believe in ex-smokers!! I think there're only temporarily non-smoking! lol I don't know people who really gave up this habit! My brother's tried several times, but fails! My close friend's planning to have a baby...she understands how bad it will be, all effects and that she must quit it, but she still does nothing!
- Replied by
- at September 28, 2009, 02:12:54
- last active about 1 month ago
- Let me put back on my psychologist's hat. I used to work with some addictions, so I know a little bit about the subject. If she quit smoking, then there is a good chance she picked up another habit somewhere else. For example, people who stop smoking often start over eating. (People who stop over eating may start shopping too much. People who stop shopping too much may pick up gambling! lol) Folks, life is a big game of Whack A Mole!
- wow why does it seem like what ever is going on in my life apeers on tghis site? my life partner had emergency heart surgery this week and of course for now is not smoking. i am reallly proud of her but i was not ready to stop and everyone is coming down on me to do it too. no one understand the pressure i was under all week not knowing what was going on! i wasn't in a hospital were they didn't let you smoke i was driving to and from and up all night worrying so smoked more that normal and now i am suppose to quit cool turkey and it's HELL any advice would be appreciated thanks all
- Hi Mam,
I went to see the Doc last week, and while i was there i couldn't believe what i asked him!! I asked him if there was any new stop smoking drugs on the market. As soon as i asked him, I'm thinking to myself..."who are you kidding asking that question"! Like i am gonna quit. That was just a case of playing the good patient.
He did give me a pamphlet on a new quit smoking aid on the market. I have yet to even peek inside. As soon as i got home i slung it on the dining room table and have dusted around it! I have yet to even glance at it!
However, since you asked i did pull it out so i could tell you the name. Its called Chantix and though i have not read the booklet yet...i have seen commercials on this product. There is supposedly nicotine blockers in the brain and prevent desire to smoke.
You might want to check it out and ask your doc about it. Unless i brave it first....when and if i do i will let you know!!!
lcb activities in the last 24 hours
Join the club
- new members
- members online
- guests online
- new posts
- free games played