My heart is broken... :(
Readers of this topic also read:
- I was promised a kitten about 8 months ago and finally got one about 6 weeks ago. the reason for the 8 month delay was because I couldn't find one that just "called" to me. I wanted to make sure I got the perfect kitty, one that was beatiful and had certain personallity traits. Well, yesterday me and my boyfriend decided to go look at kittens at the SPCA just for fun and out of habbit from spending so many weekends doing so when it hit me. I looked around for awhile and even visited with a few when I asked if they had anymore. I was told they had alot in the back that they didn't have room to display and she handed me a list of kittens with very vauge descriptions. One name caught my eye and I asked if I could see him....out comes the most gorgeous cat i've EVER seen and by seen I'm talking internet, pictures, tv...never seen one more beautiful. Pure white with red tipped paws, ears and tail (almost like a reversed fox) and the most vibrant blue eyes. To make matters worse he had everything trait I was looking for in a pet...and guess what...didn't have the funds to purchase him!!!!!!! I'll have the money tomorrow but I'm positive he's already been adopted out by now......Don't get me wrong I love, love, love the kitten I already have but the idea was to have 2 so they can keep eachother company while we're at work. It just breaks my heart that I found something I've been looking for for so long and I can't get it. There's always a chance that he will still be there in the morning but I'm not counting on it...even the worker told me with a cat this pretty he will more than likely be gone within the next hour or so :'( :'( :'(
i went to the pound looking for kittens and found an adorable one, then the lady said to me 'yanno, if you you dont take the kitten, it will always find a home because people always want kittens, why not look at the older cats people discarded and will proably never find a home'....so i did, and she was older, and so amazing and happy to have a caring home..im so glad i adopted an older cat over a kitten
- Replied by
- at July 31, 2011, 23:43:06
- last active 3 months ago
- But this kitten was in the back so there might be a good chance he will be there tomorrow. Good luck. Have faith things will work out. I missed out on a 4 year old chocolate lab I wanted to rescue because I was 4 days away from having the money and sure enough he got adopted. 4 days later I found a handsome yellow male lab so I went to go get him but the picture didnt match him and then he flunked his heart worm test. Almost in tears I told them I couldnt take him. Then I asked by chance was there were any other pure bred labs there and out came this georgous, huge 3 year old black lab. Lottie Lab and I have been together since May 6th and I love her to death. I have kissed her more in 7 weeks than I kissed my wife in the 10 years when I was married. I am going to post 3 not so good pictures of her taken by my new cell phone camera. I will take another 1 of her tomorrow out in the yard.
- Yes, the kitten was in the back but the worker told me he was being moved to the front in a few mins...
I know those older cats need homes too but older cats tend to be set in their ways where a kitten would be alot easier to train, plus what can I say...i love little babies!
I honestly don't think it had any siamese in it...aside from it's color he had no other features that they tend to have as in the enlongated face and slanted eyes...but I can very much be wrong, really hard telling with strays...
I'll let you guys know tommorrow if he's still there, although my hopes are not high.
- Couldnt they have left this 1 kitten in the back until like Monday at noon??? I know the answer from dealing with the shelter here. We dont hold any animals. I have to say 1 thing here. Normally like u I would have gotten a lab puppy like u getting a kitten but after 14 colonoscopies and over 350 polyups removed I gave up and within 3 years I am going to end up with colon cancer. Worse comes to worse I will try and get someone I know to finish raising her. I didnt want a puppy to get so use to me. Lottie Lab is getting use to change so in the end if need be she will adjust a lot easier. Since I work out of my house other than leaving Lottie Lab while I run short errands I am either here with her or I take her with me. After 7 weeks she is spoiled rotten.
- My heart is broken too--i had 2 cats about 15 years.One of them got sick suddenly.the day before she wasnt sick.
i called the doktor an he must kill my cat . we all are very sad --there was no help for my sweetheart Charly.
It is very hard to loose ananimal who is a peace of family.
satansmuff i wish you all the best of luck to get your Kitten
lcb activities in the last 24 hours
Join the club
- new members
- members online
- guests online
- new posts
- free games played