Myth: Someone stole your jackpot...
Feel free to talk about anything and everything in this board.
- Started by
- last active 4 days ago
Readers of this topic also read:
- Someone hit a jackpot on the machine you just left, you would have gotten that jackpot if you kept playing??
The slot machines have a computer chip inside that runs the Random Number Generator (RNG). The RNG is continuously cycling through numbers even when the machine is not being played. These numbers correspond to the stops on the wheel that display the winning or losing symbols that you see when the reels stop. When you hit the spin button or pull the handle, the RNG picks the combination at that given microsecond. If you had stayed at the machine, it is highly unlikely that you would have stopped the RNG at the exact nano-second to display that same combination of numbers. In the time it takes to talk with a friend or sip your drink the RNG has cycled through thousands of combinations.
I found this really interesting. Even though you are not hitting the spin button the machines RNG is still cycling numbers and combinations. Every microsecond the machine is changing its combinations. So after you put tons of money in the machine and someone sits down behind you and wins the jackpot it has nothing to do with all the money you just put in there. Each second the machine decides its outcome, and if you do not hit the spin button that exact right moment, you will not see the winning combination. Could winning at these things get any harder??
Thanks for reading: PMM2008
- Hi PMM,
I just mentioned that very thing in my last reply to a post. I wish i would of read this first! I was told that by someone a long time ago and often wandered if it was true. Sometimes when i am playing i will stop and take a sip of my drink or look up for a minute hoping to pass through some bad cycles.
Now i know im not just doing that in vain!!
Thanks for the info.
- Your welcome Lipstick, and All who found this post interesting. I do much research on my posts, and stand by the remarks I write. This one seemed to of helped alot of people understand the workings of a slot machine even better. That RNG never stops, never sleeps, never takes a break. It is always cycling numbers. To think that all you did was take a sip of your drink, and because you did you etheir won or lost a jackpot is incredible to me. These are not your run of the mill machines anymore in todays market. Their ALIVE.... PMM2008
- I dont't have any idea if this truely works or not, but if I have not hit anything considered a win in the last 5-10 spins, I typically DO take a break, take a drink, I used to smoke a cigarette, or talk to a friend, for just a few moments. I am trying to get that Random Number Generator to cycle thru all the bad ones it seem to be giving me at the time. I did this just last night, and it worked. After waiting for several minutes I started spinning again and hit the bonus within a few spins. I don't have any proff to back this up of course, but it is worth a try. It has worked for me.
lcb activities in the last 24 hours
Join the club
- new members
- members online
- guests online
- new posts
- free games played
Most viewed forum posts
- Hi LCB'ers,Here is a list of freebies that are not on the weekly code list. This list includes casinos to check your acct, call/email for free chip and casinos not listed here at our forum. I will update this list on...
- Hello dear LCBers,LimoPlay Casino has something special in stored for you!!Each week Vitali, the lovely casino representative from LimoPlay will be posting a new contest. Please subscribe to this thread by clicking on...