Oprah's Farewell Season
Feel free to talk about anything and everything in this board.
- Started by
- Feelin froggy
Readers of this topic also read:
- I would at this point not reccomend the btc-casino.io I just spent an hour chatting with one of...READ
- So, this is the final season of the Oprah Winfrey Show. Are you getting teary eyed? Will you miss her or you couldn't care less?
Here's a listing of her upcoming shows:
Wed 9/29: The Mom Who Fathered Her Own Children, Plus the Cast of Modern Family
Thu 9/30: Aging Beauty Cybill Shepherd, Linda Evans and Teri Hatcher
Fri 10/1: Harry Potter Phenom J.K. Rowling
"Today, most of the good people are afraid to be good. They strive to be broadminded and tolerant. It is fashionable to be tolerant but mostly tolerant of evil and this new code has reached the proportions of demanding intolerance of good."
- Replied by
- at September 30, 2010, 03:49:54
- last active about 1 month ago
- I tend to agree with you gene she does not seem to be as spiritual as she once was. I guess though when you become that rich and powerful it's tough to keep in check with your inner self.
Being that her show is filmed in Chicago i have been to a couple of them. I sure would like to get tickets this year with all the goodies she is giving away!
- Doc i think you absolutely nailed it! She made a comment about Chicago that was not very taken.
Being she films there she remarked "Chicago does not appreciate her". Not quite sure what she expects, being that major streets were shut down in the city more than once so she could televise her show and the city honored her.
She has enough money and notoriety as it is. Somewhere along the way we lost Oprah.
- Lips....Keep in mind, she began with a VERY Jerry Springer type show. I don't know if you remember those days, but her show really had a "gay-midgets-angry-at-their-drunken-fathers" carnival atmosphere.
Then she (in a VERY smart marketing move) shifted the show to be ALL about her. For example, EVERYONE was dragged into the drama of her weight loss. EVERYONE dragged into her relationship with her no-commitment boyfriend, Stedman. Everyone dragged into the endless story of her molestation as a child. Everyone had to use the same soap as Oprah and like the same people, etc. Like or hate her (and yes, millions of mostly women love her) she really developed a cult following.
Only once has her magazine's cover featured someone other than herself.
Now, the leader of the "cult" (Oprah) has turned into a giant ego maniac that no one can stand. Read ALL the stories out there about the hell she puts her aids through just to go on a shopping trip for a new pair of shoes.
Again, an ubelievably sharp businesswoman, but at a huge personal trade off.
lcb activities in the last 24 hours
Join the club
- new members
- members online
- guests online
- new posts
- free games played