Physcial or Mental Attraction...what turns you on?
Feel free to talk about anything and everything in this board.
- Started by
- last active 1 hour ago
Readers of this topic also read:
- Hiya LCB Family,
Intially we are judged by our looks. That’s just the way society is. It’s interesting to note the 7/11 evaluation. In the first 7 seconds of meeting a person……..11 characteristics about that person are made.
Beyond the physcial attraction lies the mental stimulation. Someone who makes you think. A person who you really relate to or someone you look up to.
What turn’s you on more…….the physcial side of a person or the mental connection?
Looks are a dime a dozen, skin deep, just a shell. Its whats inside a person that matters.
- Replied by
- at October 23, 2009, 03:44:51
In my personal case right now i am with a woman who is very very smart and makes me think to the fullest, that is very attractive to me and we have a great mental connection, just because she is very good looking had very little to do with me being attracted to her.
- attraction would be a major factor as to what turns me on...and the mental attraction could be the very factor that turns it off...
but if you are looking for something deeper than merely being turned on and moreso towards a meaningful relationship - it would start with attraction which is the first of the five stages of a relationship. The five stages are as follows;
Stage 1 – The Romance, Honeymoon, Attraction, Infatuation Stage
Stage 2 - The Disillusionment, Reality, Unmasking Stage
Stage 3 - The Power Struggle, Friction, Disappointment Stage
Stage 4 - The Stability, Friendship, Reconciliation Stage
Stage 5 - The Commitment, Acceptance, Transformation, Real Love Stage
- YING and YANG i think apply here(depends on how YOU see it)due to the fact i can sit at a game of cribbage with an opponent who could win "hideous of the year" and just be so attracted to his his his(see typin mesmerizes)whit, skill, just wonderin what makes him tick,always givin me a piece of new knowledge mental activity(there i go again)i found myself always wanting to be with this man.Then there is still the love of my life always will(dunno why)but he hurt me and hurt me more than you know(only 1 i ever "went back" to EVER)but even knowing what the outcome was i was so attracted to his beautiful body amazing curved smooth definition and as the color of steel intense eyes...he was not to be trusted...AWWW ANYHOW they both can be overwhelming and absent each other so if you find a mate w/both dont let it get away BOOIE
im a guy....i gotta say, im attracted to whats inside...their clothes...lol
- Replied by
- at October 23, 2009, 20:04:07
hey, come on, lets be honest...you can't see someones personality from across the room....we approach people based on initial attraction.
what keeps us though, is the mind and personailty..but yes, theres got to be physical chemisrty....
- ahhh...u mean to say u need that vibe or electricity that surges through your body...that sensation that overwhelms you with uncontrollable desire and lust..in which the more you try to contain it, the stronger it gets...until u can't take it anymore...and then u realize....u gotta pee.Deb321 wrote:
that may be true for you, but in my case it is not. Just because someone is attractive doesn't mean I'm gonna walk across the room and start talking to them. I may look at them but something else has to spark my interest.
- It's a combination of both 4 me. Now, Bruce (husband) & I met on-line; we talked every single nite on-line, minimum of 5 hrs. We had no clue what the other looked like; by the time we met in-person (2 mos. later) I could have cared less what he looked like. I was already in love with him; 'course, I'm not gonna lie..... the fact that he's absolutely GORGEOUS (2 me anyway) certainly helped things It's been 5 years & we r very happily married
- Replied by
- at October 24, 2009, 09:30:32
I feel so darn shallow...but, I am staying with "eyes!"
I will join the shallow club with ya for a while Doc. Gimme a great pair of legs and i might not have to do much thinking.
- I don't think real attraction is based on looks. Sure someone may catch our eye based soully on looks. But i don't think that is what sparks chemistry or longevity in a relationship.
I might see some gorgeous man that may catch my eye. But is he egotistical...major turn off. If i sense that i won't give him a second look.
I think real attraction is the way a man carries himself. His intelligence.....his sense of humor.....his inner strength......and his good instincts will spark the flame for me.
lcb activities in the last 24 hours
Join the club
- new members
- members online
- guests online
- new posts
- free games played