Plans for new years eve/day?
Feel free to talk about anything and everything in this board.
- Started by
- last active 3 months ago
Readers of this topic also read:
Posting to the forums is only allowed for members with active accounts
- What's everyone got planned for new years eve and day. Use to have to go out every new years eve when i was a spry young one. Too crazy out there for me these days. Plan on going to buddies house for new years eve and to folks on new years day for traditional leg of lamb dinner.
- Sounds nice liquorman. I don't have any exciting plans. I hate to go out on NYE with all the crowds. There's always road blocks too. Do they have road blocks by you? Actually do the police do this in other countries besides the US?
- most likely Im to play the role of Santa for my niece and nephew ( "our" Santa comes for New Years Eve not Xmas ).
- No kiddin bud. That's a first i ever hear that tradition. Religion or custom?Zuga wrote:
most likely Im to play the role of Santa for my niece and nephew ( "our" Santa comes for New Years Eve not Xmas ).
- well Santa is part of the Western tradition and as such we never had it However in the past 60+ years we have embraced the "Western Santa" but given that our Christmas is on the 7th of January ( our Orthodox church still uses the old Julian calendar ) we get Santa to come on the New Year's Eve.
- I second that Lootva!
Tonite having a small intimate gathering of 8 with a nice dinner of steak and lobster followed by games like charades, taboo and password. Tomorrow a ham, lasagna and lots of sides.
- jack shizzle. 2013 has been the year from hell. Probably the worst year I can ever remember. I was actually planning on have a good new years eve and day but 2013 just had to put a few more spanners in the work.
Fell out with family, well 1 family member anyway. It was their fault over something but they are not talking to me now so new years eve wont be a family occasion. Plus I woke up this morning with a horrible cold. Have a sore throat, blocked nose, feel tired etc so doubt I will be drinking tonight. Probably means bed at m and a day in bed tomorrow to try and shift this cold
- I don't have any special plans... I will spend the evening with my parents and my brother. I don't see them very often so it should be nice.
lcb activities in the last 24 hours
Join the club
- new members
- members online
- guests online
- new posts
- free games played