Please dont tell me how to play...
Feel free to talk about anything and everything in this board.
- Started by
- last active about 2 months ago
Readers of this topic also read:
- Ok guys cast ur votes and see how we are doing!READ
- Have you ever had anyone sit down next to you and proceed to tell you how to play the game you were on/ or the game you are playing in? :-\ Unless asked, or unless you really know what your talking about this is a bad idea. Personally I had this seedy guy sit down next to me and proceed to tell me he knew all about the Slot machine I was playing. He knew when it was going to hit the bonus and pay big. After an incredibly short time, I tired of him and politely asked him if he knew so much..A) why wasnt he playing the game? and B) Why wasn't he rich? (true story) After all it's my money and I can spend it any way I see fit. I feel their help can sometimes hurt you more than help you in the long run if you truely are unsure of how to play, they may be unsure also, and just think they know. Always get advice from someone you trust when it comes to gambling.
Have you ever had a "know it all" sit down and tell you how to play the game?
Slots, BJ, Poker, Etc?
Would love to here stories and how you handled it. PMM2008
- I think the thing that irks me the most is when a husband stands over his wife and tells her how to play and i have to listen to it. Playing mostly poker machines, their is an element of decision making. This is when a husband/boyfriend will tell her what to hold and what not to hold. Scrutinizing every single hand that she plays.
It takes everything in me not to say "why don't you just let her play her own way"!
When i see a couple approaching the seat next to me i shutter at the prospect of him telling her what to do.
I think this is my worst pet peeve sitting next to a player.
- When I used to smoke, I would be sitting down, enjoying myself, just puffing away. Then along comes a non-smoker, and sits down next to me. Do you know they made it so obvious that my smoke was irritating them they took out a small hand fan and pointed it at me. I thought I would fall out of my seat laughing at them. I was there first, smoking IS allowed, and they sat down NEXT to me. Not the other way around. THEN.... after I go back to playing, the old man leans over and was trying to help me play my machine. I did not take his advice, and I really think he was trying to sabatoge my game so I would lose and leave. Uhhh, thanks for your help, but....NO.
Still makes me laugh when I see that hand fan pop out of his fanny pack and point it at me. PMM2008
- Ahhh yes, the anti smoker that whales about their rights for clean air! That can be a nitemare. I am a smoker and i always try to be considerate with my ciggy. I usually will choose an end machine so i can hold my ciggy to the side.
If i have been sitting for long time on a machine and a non smoker sits next to me and starts to complain when they saw me smoking when they first sit down...it makes me angry. Ya know what u were walking into when u sat down toots. I tell em to go to non smoking!!!
- The percentage of people smoking vs not smoking has got to be high in any casino. If these non smokers do not want to be around the smoke they should stay in the non-smoking section. Now days the sections are getting bigger and bigger with a better variety of games to play. Used to be they were put in a back corner with very few games to choose from. Lately I see Casinos really catering to the non smoker as well as the smokers. Which is only fair. Smokers will always have the non smokers out there on the floor giving grief when they feel offended by the smoker. That will never change. I used to be a polite smoker, and try my hardest to sit by other smokers as to not offend anyone, But I always did. PMM2008
- I just thought I would mention this from my trip to the land casino last night. This older woman next to me is spinning along, sure enough she gets a bonus round. All the sudden she picks up her cell phone and is dialing away. I'm getting really confused at this point. She finally connects to someone on the other end and then begins hollering to who I assume to be her husabnd "I've gotten a bonus and I don't know what to do." she says to her husband. (who is God knows where in the casino) It was difficult to contain my laughter, and after this LOUD, confusing conversation of about 2 minutes, she hung up disqusted.
When I wrote this post about none of us liking the fact people lean over and tell us how to play , I was leaving out the perspective from the player that actually does NEED help. lol The screen was full of choices and items in which she needed to choose from to complete her bonus, and it had her completely confused.
Rest assured I offered my assistance and by the time her husband arrived she felt like an old pro at the game.
So, although all of us hate it when someone decides to give us unwanted help, their are actually people out there who are in need of it. PMM2008
lcb activities in the last 24 hours
Join the club
- new members
- members online
- guests online
- new posts
- free games played