Prices of cigarettes going up again April 1st...will you quit?
Feel free to talk about anything and everything in this board.
- Started by
- last active 3 days ago
Readers of this topic also read:
- I am a smoker. I love to smoke, I have smoked for 22 years. I can't imagine my life without smoking. I know it is bad for me, and I know I need to quit but I just don't want too. Well, now that cigarettes are going up again in cost, is this what will finally get me to quit? I tell you I can't afford much more in the taxes on Cigarettes. I live in Michigan and they are already taxing us to death on smokes. A pack of Camels cost me $5.50, and after April 1st will cost me appx $6.50
I seriously am thinking of quitting. Will this new rise in price make you consider quitting too? Or will it not affect you enough to make you quit?
- No way!! I'm not going to let the government control my life and my body!! >:( I've been smoking for 14 years and not planning on quitting anytime soon...not with the life I have! There is a little hope, though! I smoke Camels, too, and I get coupons from them (you can get as much as $2.00 off a pack!). Just sign up at this site:
- I've been a smoker for too long to remember and I do want to quit - not because of the price but purely for my health. But it will be hard as I really do enjoy a smoke especially when Im gambling and more so when Im playing poker. So if I do decide to give up it will be for me and not because they are too expensive. Don't have too many things in life that I really enjoy but smoking is definitely one of em! They cost £5.00 over here which is about $7.50 US
- Wow~ I am really enjoying every one's posts. I think my case is very unusual since I did quit when I got pregnant with my son and even after he was born but few months ago and I went back smoking again :'( why started again? I honestly don't know. I used to smoke only occasionally one or two cigarettes per week but now I smoke about 4 or five cigarettes a day or so. I sometimes buy a carton at wholesale store but usually at 7-11 store for $4.79 but if you buy two packs at the same time, I get $.70 off so why not? but today I found out the price and I was shocked how much price went up at safe way store-$53.49 per carton so I went to cigarettes discount store today and bought a carton for $40.49 and hopefully it will last few months. Me too, I think I am going to quit eventually not because of the price but seriously for my health. Having a hubby like mine who don't smoke, gamble, drink is very nerve breaking, feels bad for nothing always.
lcb activities in the last 24 hours
Join the club
- new members
- members online
- guests online
- new posts
- free games played
Most viewed forum posts
- Hi LCB'ers,Here is a list of freebies that are not on the weekly code list. This list includes casinos to check your acct, call/email for free chip and casinos not listed here at our forum. I will update this list on...
- Hello dear LCBers,LimoPlay Casino has something special in stored for you!!Each week Vitali, the lovely casino representative from LimoPlay will be posting a new contest. Please subscribe to this thread by clicking on...