Pumping Oxygen into a casino is NOT a trick of the trade
Feel free to talk about anything and everything in this board.
- Started by
- last active 2 months ago
Readers of this topic also read:
Posting to the forums is only allowed for members with active accounts
- Hi Gang:
Was doing some reading on this subject and according to many sources it is both a fire hazard, and illegal to pump oxygen into a public establishment.
In every state in the United States, it is illegal for an establishment to pump oxygen into the air ducts. All states enforce this law by threatening to take away a company's business license if it is found that they are doing this kind of act. Las Vegas and Nevada are no different in this kind of law."
"First off, if a person is carrying an oxygen tank, extra oxygen in the air would not pep them up, it would slow them down. If you have ever gone into a casino, you will notice at least one or two people that are wearing oxygen tanks."
"Excess oxygen for someone who is not having a medical issue or a medical need for it will usually gain muscle cramps as their body attempts to adjust to the extra oxygen. Light-headedness can also occur. If the casinos pumped oxygen into the air, hundreds of thousands of people would be experiencing these symptoms everyday in Las Vegas."
"One must also remember that oxygen is flammable in large quantities. Did you ever think about what would happen in a building that was filled with oxygen and someone attempted to light a smoke? Boom! You can't walk in Las Vegas for more than a few seconds without seeing someone smoking."
I was totally under the belief that this myth were true, but all the research I have done now tells me otherwise. I've just listed a few quotes here , but the internet is full of information on this, and says it is not a trick of the trade in casinos.
Any thoughts? Anyone else believe this practice to be true?
- Very interesting. I too thought this was true for many years and that was why I could stay up for hours on end in Vegas.
It must just be the excitement of it all. lol
- Yup, casinos i visit it is there, it makes me nauseated over time
many times i've run to the ladys run, or have had to grab a coin bucket..
very seriously, lightheaded and other symptoms that occur..
Thats why when you are here you are so wired, come to find out
that this is a cause for it, not all do this but i do know where and which ones because of the symptoms that happen to me when im at them..
Otherwise i'm healthy with no problems EVER as having these kinds of symptoms..
- WOW!!! I had never even heard of that...... but other than the excitement of it all, nothing else explains the ability to stay awake for 24 hrs at a time!!! lol
- Thank yo pmm, for posting this....I've always known that they don't pump oxegyn into the casino's, but nobody ever wants to believe me when I say that, so I just got tired of arguing with people about it when I know i'm right......don't see why some find it so hard to believe that adrenaline can keep you up for hours on end......and maybe not for everyone, but for me, my blood starts pumping triple time the mintue i can see the vegas strip from the plane!! lol.......
- I'm trying to tell you that it is done...
Possibly a certain type mixture, or maybe a very lite amount?
I don't just get feeling like that for nothing, and it happens
only in the casinos, mainly the larger ones.. it is something in the air
"Today, most of the good people are afraid to be good. They strive to be broadminded and tolerant. It is fashionable to be tolerant but mostly tolerant of evil and this new code has reached the proportions of demanding intolerance of good."
I'll never forget those 12 hr bus rides to Reno years ago.
- Replied by
- at July 29, 2009, 07:07:56
- last active 3 months ago
I'd get an advert from the Bus company Can't remember the name) and I'd call them up, pay the tickets (Mom would go also) and we'd be packed by Thursday (Friday leave, return Monday)
And come Thursday night I think about 8 pm I was so jazzed on going I'd be up till we boarded the bus and would pass out for 8-10 hours of the trip.
This stood me good in one time. We'd risked the weather and danged if we didn't get into a snow storm. Bus driver did 123 miles at 35 mph...So that 12 hr ride ended up being 16 hrs. I was out for 10 of that and my Mother was a bit honked about that..And that I talked her into going too..:)
So yeah adrenaline can simply psych you up better then a handful of Vivarin or 2 gallons of leaded coffee.
- Hi PMM,
You are absolutely right!!!!!! Oxygen is NOT pumped into the casinos! Its a legend. But hey...the power of suggestion does wonders!
Besides...c'mon gamblers.......that's our playground do we really need oxygen to stay awake???
I need a sedative to go to sleep.....i'm wired for sound in a casino!
- There is most certainly something in the air Imagin. ation.
They speak of special scents and or aromas that actually put people in a better mood, to get us to gamble longer.
I've read about it many times.
- From the psychologist's view, breathing some oxygen would not make one gamble more. I am sure they try to make the air pleasant for comfort reasons, but there is no known connection to breathing oxygen and gambling more. They get WAY more results off the lights and sounds. Trust the Doc here...those lights are blinking at you for a REASON!
- oxygen pumped into the casinos - only in Canada eh? pity.drpsyce38 wrote:
From the psychologist's view, breathing some oxygen would not make one gamble more. I am sure they try to make the air pleasant for comfort reasons, but there is no known connection to breathing oxygen and gambling more. They get WAY more results off the lights and sounds. Trust the Doc here...those lights are blinking at you for a REASON!
there is a big reason - you don't get sleepy or tired as easily - enabling you to play for hours...and i mean hours and hours...more like days for me
- Imagin.ation wrote:
There is SOMETHING in the air of casinos.. i don't care what they say hmph!
maybe it is poor ventilation in those casinos that are making you sick, because most of the casinos have great cooling systems, and air flow.
maybe you are just not getting ENOUGH air.
- lipstick_xoxos wrote:
Can you play hours and hours online.....breathe in breathe out!
lmao...funny lips..breathe in, breathe out, no kidding, huh
well, i used to go to the real casino and play for 2-3 days at a time..online i am only good for 1 and a half days...if i am winning, i hate to stop.
lcb activities in the last 24 hours
Join the club
- new members
- members online
- guests online
- new posts
- free games played