Same Sex Marriages
Feel free to talk about anything and everything in this board.
- Started by
- last active 8 hrs ago
Readers of this topic also read:
PollDo you think same sex marriages should be legal?
- yes58.33% (7 votes)
- no41.67% (5 votes)
- don't care one way or the other0.0% (0 votes)
- Total Members Voted:
- Hi Members,
When we fall in love…..the next step taken is marriage. But is there exceptions to this rule? Is it wrong to be allowed to marry someone of the same gender?
From a religioius point of view many feel it is against the natural order of what God intended. Others feel that if God did not intend to have same sex marriages that there would be no gays in the first place.
I think that being gay is not a choice one makes, rather something that we are born with. If this is the case, should same sex marriages be allowed in every state?
There is a lot of pros and cons on this issue. What is your stance on it?
- Who am I to judge anyone else...especially when it comes to questions about love?
In Sweden it is already allowed and I don't have any problems with that. Many of my friends are gay and they are as wonderful as anyone else. If they are married they are protected by the law if anything happened just as anyone else.
Just my opinion ::)
- Replied by
- at October 17, 2009, 19:49:13
- last active 7 months ago
- You know, here in the US there is a talkshow that comes on everyday with an extremely funny comedian who hosts the show.She is constantly giving gifts to audience members and calling home viewers and giving away prizes for them and the fund raisers and donations she gives(and gets other celebrities and big companies to shell out the bucks too)to foundations and charities(like this month,October is cancer awareness month and if you visit [ellen.warnerbros.com] you could donate to breast cancer awareness)....my point is, she is Ellen DeGeneres.Her and Portia deRossi were married in Aug of 2008.You should be with who you want to be with,you never know...a soul mate is a soul mate(they could have been the opposite sex in a previous life,a soul lives on)and there is nothing anyone should do to prevent that,and if they want it on paper that is their choice , it shouldn't be anyone Else's decision.
- posada6969 wrote:
Talking about marriages, just got married justoday and I'm happy,and in the other hand i live my life the way i want and let other people live they way they want, sounds fair?
Posada..you just got married TODAY?? WOW!! Last time I talked to you, you were single!! Congrats guy!!
- I don't think ANY of us has the right 2 pass judgment on others; we CERTAINLY have no business dictating what is the 'right way' or 'wrong way' 2 do something. I'm torn on this issue, however. Sexual orientation is a deeply private matter, and while I do have friends that are homosexual, I don't agree with those that go around advertising their orientation. I don't walk around w/ 'Hey, I'm heterosexual' stamped on my shirt so I don't understand the need 2 publicize your orientation if you're gay. Again, it is a DEEPLY private/ personal issue. Marriage? Eh, why the hell not? Who am I 2 say they cannot?
By the way..... I am a newly-wed, as well 2day is our 3 week anniversary
- Love is love...........no matter what 2 people they are. If it is outlawed who really cares.......its just a piece of paper.
Of course certain privileges are denied as a result. Such as taxes which is a major issue for couples.
I respect peoples opinions and understand their belief systems on both sides of the fence. But unless a higher power much bigger than you and i comes down and says its wrong.......i say no one should be denied
- lipstick_xoxos wrote:
There goes our chances Nal of snaring Posada!!! All our hopes and dreams out the window.........wink!
I think his wedding bells should be included in the LCB story somewhere. After all if i remember correctly he was serenading in the casino!!!
ya...i think he started out wanted to have a threesome, then ended up wanted to play texas hold em...i knew something was up with him, i thought he was losing it
lcb activities in the last 24 hours
Join the club
- new members
- members online
- guests online
- new posts
- free games played