i have been single a couple of years , i dont gamble a huge a amount but do like to put a few quid on my casino's every week n hope i get a win
so tell me if u looking for a man would u admit u gamble lol and if u did would you be annoyed if they didnt want to know you , and again if you ran into a guy that gambled would u go out with him lol
be interested to hear all your views male or female.
Do u need a non gambler partner to make it work lol and has anyone ever met someone off a gambling site and ended up in a relationship am sure there has to be a few storys for this topic plz do tell lol
Singles gamblers thread lol
Readers of this topic also read:
- Hi xbornluckyx This is a fascinating topic, I guess some people may feel a little awkward about it though hence the lack of replies so far?
I would not feel awkward mentioning to a woman I liked that I liked to gamble, although I do feel for some reason that online casinos and poker is in some way less 'socially acceptable' than just putting the odd football bet on at the weekends.. not sure why I feel that way, but I do know that whenever I tell people I play poker online they automatically assume that I lose a lot of money to this pastime - the distinction between casino games and poker isn't as obvious to those who don't play as I would like thats for sure
If I was to be really honest though, I have suffered a lot of issues in my life with addiction so far, though more to do with drink and drugs than gambling ... and what I can say with certainty is that if two people with gambling problems were to get together the results could be disastrous, as they have been for me when getting close to women I met in nightclubs who enjoyed partying as much as I did. At the same time though, I could not imagine back then being with anybody who did not share this same love of clubs, pubs, drugs and partying...
Talking in terms of addiction in general then this leaves a tough predicament - getting with somebody who shares your interest may be great in the short term, but in my experience, drastically increases the potential of you taking your 'fun' from a hobby to an addiction. On the other hand, any kind of addictive activity - drink, drugs, gambling - seems to create an automatic distrust in those that do not partake, and even those who are somewhat neutral are likely to disapprove if they sense that your interest in that activity is overtaking something that they do deem as being important or worthwhile.
I've chosen to stay out of relationships for a while whilst I sort these issues out within myself, as my last one got out of hand very quickly and ended with me dragging myself into a whole bunch of debt and trouble in order to continue the lifestyle to which we quickly became accustomed. The question I am trying to answer now is, is it possible to be with somebody who shares my interests without it becoming a problem, or do I need to change myself in order to fit with somebody who doesnt have an interest in these destructive activities... it does seem quite severe when I apply the above to gambling though, as it has not been a problem for me in my life as yet, and I hold out hope that it will be the one 'addiction' it is possible to keep, regardless of if my next partner enjoys the same or not - I have a lot of confidence I can control it better than I can my previous drug habits, so I guess that is a good start.
Oh, and I did see a topic over at the Affiliate Removed forum about two members on that board getting together - one from the USA, the other from Sweden - thats truly amazing I think
- Replied by
- Feelin froggy
- at September 08, 2014, 22:02:16
- I've spent quite a bit of time with my most recent ex-girlfriend of late, and she actually works at a local arcade now, and as it happens I did not gamble online much at all when me and her were together - it somehow came about a little after that. So, in the year or so we did not speak, she got a job in a gambling arcade, and I started to play a lot online, and strangely, having this in common has given us a lot more common points of conversation of late .. just a little weird thing I thought I would add
- I met someone not to long ago on a gambling site and I have to tell you I kind of surprised myself that I would've ever done something like this. He gave me the impression that he didn't gamble that often over time I saw that to be untrue. Bad loss equals foul mood. Needless to say we were suppose to meet in person next month(we live in different countries) but I came to my senses and called it off.
- well very interesting topic indeed I always thought myself in two directions first that women dont like partners that gamble and that it can be a weakness of character but on the other hand everything is for people, one likes to spend it on fast foods, another goes to opera , someone else will go to cinema and yet another will buy himself some things like books
- If I start to date someone in general gambling isn't a topic that I would immediately bring up, on the other hand if they did I would have know problem with it. I think about 70% of people in general have an addictive personality whether it be gambling, shopping, drinking, porn, etc. I try to live by that rule everything's okay in moderation. Most the time it works, sometimes it doesn't. I dated someone who used a bookie all year around, his single bet would equal to what I spend in 2 years gambling. This did not bother me, but I think it bothered him. His persistence on wanting to teach me how to pick a team, spread, odds, trifecta, etc. became overwhelming that I couldn't stand being around him anymore. I felt like every time we saw each other he was giving me another lesson or even worse a quiz. Yes a quiz, i felt like I was back in grade school, you know the kid in the back who doesn't want to be called on and gets called on. Yup that was me. So I ended it and never looked back. So if anything I would never date someone who has a bookie on speed dial.
- Its been great reading all your replies on this and definately food for thought, I think im with the majority that it all depends on how much of a gambling habit ppl have. I dont spend huge amount on gambling myself just low rolling deposits, i think i would be troubled if someone was spending hundreds (unless of course they are rich )
- okay....so you have to remember the motto my family(and i mean from grandparents all the way down to the great grandchildren hahaha) "The family that gambles together stays together!" ...
having said that....i definitely could NOT go out, let alone marry, a guy that was not into gambling! and when i say not into-if he thinks a person can walk into a casino with anything less than $100 (and for me this means i just happen to be near a casino and might run in for a few, then that guy and i definitely don't have a future!!!!!!!!!! Now, does that mean when we go to the casino I want to stand there and watch him play, oh hell no-he better know that when i walk into a casino it's see you in a while, i'll come find you when i'm done HAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!
and btw... one of my sisters, her husband of 11 years-he wasnt a big gambler, let's just say i went to visit them in Arizona a few weeks ago and guess who got stuck babysitting while THEY went to gamble-yes that's right my family will convert you hahaha
I guess it goes without saying that for a committed gambler, getting together with somebody who finds gambling unlikable, immoral, or some other negative adjective, is clearly a bad idea. All too often though I have found that people who are massively against drinking, or drugs, or gambling etc, tend to be that way because of previous issues in their life most often caused by others whose problem has developed to a stage that it impacted on that persons life significantly. In that situation, I think little compromise is possible -you will very likely never convince somebody whose brother lost everything due to gambling that playing online casinos is somehow okay, for example.
- Replied by
- at September 13, 2014, 20:17:42
- last active 6 hrs ago
lcb activities in the last 24 hours
Join the club
- new members
- members online
- guests online
- new posts
- free games played