Who here smokes? I do, about a half a pack a day I have been smoking for 15 years, and Im only 29 years old.
I'd like to quit, but wouldn't know where to start! All of my family smokes. We have more smokers than non-smokers.
My husband hates it! He thinks its disgusting, he gags if he smells it. I always tease him, because he met me with cigarette in hand.
I smoke outside only, and I make my own cigarettes to save some money. I have a little machine, tobacco, and some papers with filters attached. For about $30 I support my habit all month.
Im a little worried, because my moms mom died of lung cancer when she was 40. All the diseases you can get just from smoking is horrifying.
So do you smoke? Did you used to? How did you quit?
Readers of this topic also read:
- Replied by
- at May 05, 2010, 04:04:56
- last active 4 months ago
- Replied by
- at May 05, 2010, 04:53:32
- last active 3 days ago
I dunno Mommy just miht have another to quit she got 5 already what's one more lol
- Replied by
- at May 05, 2010, 05:40:05
- last active 7 days ago
I smoke, have smoked since i was about 13, regularly started smoking at about 18 or 19, have tried to quit my daughters father made me start up again when he went on vacation being home he smoked up the house.. he was a 3 pack a day smoker.. droves me nuts and i smoked..
Right now i have cut to about 3 or 4 a day my tops being 5 and it is true i do it when i'm stressed, no stress i smoke less... i do also smoke outside i won't smoke in the house.. i know i will quit.. but when and how i don't know.. it is not easy.. i know i was without some cigs just recently about a month ago, i'd close my eyes and see me smoking and want to walk outside.. and i'm like wth.. i dont even have a cig... so when i do quit i'm in for some real.. yeah...
- I tried to quit, it lasted about 45 min.
I get stressed, and Im outside smoking. Ive heard about chantix, I might have to try that. I hear it is very expensive though '
Luvkitty- don't have to worry bout me getting knocked up anytime soon ..Id die on the spot, wouldnt have to worry about smoking then. HAHA.
Imag. I wish I could smoke only 5 cigs a day tops... wish you the best when you do quit!
- I'm a smoker. I smoked for about 17 yrs. I tried to quit one time for 7 days, smoked again and never thought of quiting anytime soon, lol. I drank quit smoking medicine (forgot what its called) and it made me feel horrible. My dad was a smoker, most of my friends are smokers, so it's hard to quit. I smoke when I'm happy, sad, stressed, I smoke after a meal, I smoke when I first wake up in the morning, recently I develop a habbit of smoking while spinning on slots, lmao.
- I too smoke, I fluctuate between store bought and self-made. Sometimes I roll or use the tubes. Those packing amchines don't always work great though.
I'm so stressed now with the school (Only 2 nd day so far) and can see that I'd be worse off (I'm guessing) if I was to quit now. Though I might try to, I am not too sure I can.
- LOL I make mine. I have my own little cigarette factory lol, I can make a half a pack in just a couple of minutes, but every once in a while I will buy a pack. Out here in AZ the "cheap" cigarettes are still $6
I feel like Id probably be worse off too geneco if I quit. Its the one thing that keeps me "sane" with all these little monsters running around
I've overcome the most evil, nasty of addictions, but cigarettes I just cant do it.
Sisters and brothers,
- Replied by
- at May 05, 2010, 22:13:04
- last active 8 months ago
I am all with you!
Here in Germany these "health" big brother guys are also all over us.
A pack of cigs comes now for 4,25 euros (about 8 usd) and I switched to "building" them myself (about 2 usd per pack).
And do you now what: they even taste better!
I started smoking back in the seventies with Lucky Strike without filters. Then these cigarettes had about 2 mg of nicotine and tons of tar. You actually got yellow fingers from them:-)
Today in Europe (European legislation) all factory cigarettes are not allowed by law to have more than about 0.8 mg of nicotine and soandso tar.
So all the legal, "standard" cigarettes are nothing but a scam version of those scam "light cigarettes". A scam of a scam, think about it and enjoy!
Spent hundreds on "internet cigarette purchasing" without ever getting a single cigarette. Even had to pay taxes on this. GRR!
Then I discovered diy and I love it. Better value for your money and you can make them as strong as you like. You can actually control it by reducing the amount of tobacco that you put in the stuffing machine.
And - at least in Germany - the tobacco is still natural. Processed tobacco for factory cigarettes is full of artificial ingredients to make it "tasty" in spite of all the regulations.
Keep on rolling, stuffing. Your diy-cigs do not only taste better, they are even healthier to you and your budget!
- I don't smoke, never have because I was raised by people who did and it was gross. The doc told me when I was a kid that i had more tar on my lungs than an adult, they weren't careful about it at ll so to speak. So I hate em. But my dh smokes. He said he is going to quit, but he doesn't. When my mom died 2 years ago of lung cancer, he said he would quit. He didn't. When I got cancer last year lol, he said he would quit. He still hasn't. I give up on nagging, I don't even say anything as long as it's outside and not around my kids at all. The doctor is on him now to quit, so I leave it to her to nag. I think it's great that you are even considering it
- Ok I can finally say I'm a "non-smoker" after over 20 years of smoking Virginia Slims Menthols.My Dr. put me on Wellbutrin about a month ago,and I have not smoked for 3 weeks,the only side effects have been sleeping less which actually is a good thing for me,before I was on Zoloft for 10 years and it made me sleep really late,and I felt like I was going thru the motions in life,now I feel more alive and have joined a health club,have been dating a man who I am absolutely crazy about and look forward to what is yet to come,to be honest I still have cravings but I ordered an electronic cigarette which I will post the results soon.FYI I opted to order a "disposable" e-cigarette which is less than 20 bucks,as opposed to a permanent one which can cost anywhere from 50 to 100 bucks.If anyone is interested here is the link......
- I still smoke but some of my friends stopped smoking from one day to the other and now i am thinking about what to do...
In germany you can get a special one time injection (75,- €) at a certain doctor. It's totally homeopathic (natural, nothing chemical), stops the impulse and the addiction to smoke instantly and I was more than sceptic but my friends really don't smoke anymore (one of them was a heavy smoker for more than 30 years) !?! really
I mean they save a lot of money and no question it's better for the health but damn, I like to smoke really...
What would you do?
If you're interested you can take a look at www.neurasan.de but as far as I know it's only in german...
lcb activities in the last 24 hours
Join the club
- new members
- members online
- guests online
- new posts
- free games played