snow and people who dont know how to drive in it
Feel free to talk about anything and everything in this board.
- Started by
- last active 7 months ago
Readers of this topic also read:
- where i live we have lots of colleges and lots of people who have never driven in snow needless to say they drive to fast and those of us who have driven in it all our lives deal with it. then theres the lookeyloos we call them. those are the one who see an accident in the snow and all though the roads are already slipperey gotta slow down to see whats going on and great another accident. I think people who dont drive in snow should have to take a class so its safer on the roads in the winter.
- I remember driving in Feb to Iowa and hitting Idaho and the roads were kind of iffy, the speed limit was 75 and people were just zipping along as though it was June!!
More then once I'd see cars and even trucks un the middle median stuck there...When I was 15 miles from destination (In Iowa) saw two cars slide off highway onto median and began flipping.
One had a single passenger wearing no seatbelt as he was thrown from vehicle.
second was family of 4 but tightly buckled in. All survived, but damn! 55mph and 3-5" of snow on highway and STILL booking?? Stupid people abound..
I just try and stay safe...
- Oh what gets me is these people with these SUV's and 4 Wheel drives who think that because they have those kinds of vehicles can drive as fast as they want in bad weather. Then they get behind me and get mad because my daughters little Focus with bald tires (on back,front wheel drive tires on front are good) isn't going to go any faster because UM I'm smart and drive the speed according to the weather!
We live on a T and one night we are watching TV and hear tires spinning you know the sound when someone gets stuck My husband and I walk out door and I say to the two teenagers standing by car in ditch (small ditch no one hurt) "Are ya stuck?" answer comes back "YUP" Then with my evil laugh HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!! My husband laughs about my evil laugh still to this day. WELL DRIVE SLOWER ESPECIALLLY AROUND CORNERS DUH! !
- Well as a Canadian we're born knowing what snow is...and NO we don't all live in igloos with 10 feet of snow all year round lmao. However we do have brutal winter's that last from November to March so you become an expert at driving in it. Spazz that's a great idea about the course but I would add they have to do at least 100 hours of driving in Canada in the winter as well lol.
- I moved and lived in Minnesota for a few
Coming from the Westcoast to the East was a systemshock!
Driving in that snowy weather...i was a fish out of water
I was really looking like a woman that couldn't drive...
Instead of let's go for a drive, it was "let's go for a slipnslide"
I didn't know the first thing about driving in the snow or icy roads.
I finally learned, but it does take skilled driving to do it!
So.. don't take driving in the snowy/icy weather to lightly, let someone
who knows what they are doing to do the driving.
- I live in New England, and have driven in it my whole life...
(have also cracked up a car or two...but we won't mention that)
I don't think it's anything you really get used to. I still hate it. I have to
commute up North 60 miles to work each day, and now that the weather is
cold...it is very scary on a day to day basis. Even if you do know how to drive,
someone else doesn't.
One my way into work Monday, a Liquid Nitrogen Tanker flipped over on some black ice, and blocked off the whole entire Intersate...4 lanes!! There was no way to go around at all. There wasn't even any snow in this one!! So when we got a storm Wednesday, I said...screw it, I am staying home, and spinning there instead of the road!! Hahahahahaha!!!!!
- Being from Chicago, i am no stranger to driving in snow. Nothing stops this town from moving!! I get a kick out of other states that get a dusting of snow and schools are closed and people call in and can't make it to work!
Chicago is known for the city that works.....come rain.....hail.......sleet or snow.....we plow along!!
- Replied by
- at December 11, 2009, 10:47:25
- <------<------<------<------<------<------<------ WOULD BE EXACTLY WHO YOU'RE TALKING ABOUT IF I HAD TO DRIVE IN SNOW!!!
LIVING IN CALI ALL MY LIFE, I HAVE ONLY SEEN SNOW HERE ONCE!
I HAVEN'T EVER DRIVEN IN IT, I WAS THE PASSENGER ON SEVERAL OCCATIONS, BUT I DID NOT WANT TO DRIVE!!!!!! (TOO SCARED, HEHE)
OUT HERE WE HAVE THE IDIOTS THAT CAN'T DRIVE IN FOG!!!!!
P.S. SO BOSTON WORKS?? HEHE
lcb activities in the last 24 hours
Join the club
- new members
- members online
- guests online
- new posts
- free games played