Supertitions of Gambling...
Feel free to talk about anything and everything in this board.
- Mighty! Member
~ Loyalty means nothing unless it has at its heart the absolute principle of self-sacrifice. ~
- Started by
- last active 6 days ago
Readers of this topic also read:
- SpinsVilla Casino are offering 50% cashback on all your deposits between 6th December and 31st...READ
- Gamblers are probably the most superstitious people in the world and they will do anything to improve their chances of winning.
Some supertitions that gamblers believe:
Some players believe the entering and leaving the casino through the same door will bring you good luck. Others believe that it will bring you bad luck.
Many people believe that blowing on the dice before rolling will give you the best results. Others say that dropping a card during the game will bring bad luck for the card holder.
It's quite common to hear players who claim that wearing black clothes is bad luck bringer. So don't wear black shirts when you go out to the casino.
Some very rational players carry a lucky charm or omen when they go out to play. It can be a piece of clothing or some objects that brought you luck in the past.
Some players keep "known" lucky objects like: rabbit's foot, horseshoe or four leaf clover.
Some players claim that if you play with someone else's money, you have bigger chances to win. Others say that the whole point of gambling is earning your own money so this is silly.
Players usually have their own favorite poker table.
Others have their favorite slot machine or their preferable dealer.
Many gamblers believe that $50 bills are unlucky and they will not accept being paid with them.
Never count your money while you are playing is a common belief.
Don’t cross your legs while playing or you will “cross out your good luck”. (This could explain why they make those seats so close to the slot machines. I never have room to cross my legs even if I was not afraid that it would bring me bad luck.) :-\
I've listed just a few here. Anyone else got any?
"Today, most of the good people are afraid to be good. They strive to be broadminded and tolerant. It is fashionable to be tolerant but mostly tolerant of evil and this new code has reached the proportions of demanding intolerance of good."
- Mighty! Member
- Replied by
- at July 31, 2009, 19:35:06
- last active about 1 month ago
- I believe whatever gets you thinking positive is what works. If it is the number 6, wearing your island shirt, blowing on the dice, touching your nose when your hand is delt, etc. Sitting down at the table convinced you are going to loose would be a disaster. Feeling positive does give you a bit of an edge.........I think!
- sorry, i don't believe in any kind of superstition.....if your playing a slot machine and hit the spin button, it's gonna land on whatever it's programed to land on no matter what your wearing, or holding, or how your sitting.....but here's one you forgot to mention pmm...i see tons of people who put up pictures of their kids, or grandkids...ect. and say it's there for good luck!
- lmaooo sooooo freakin true!!! I know peeps that do this very thing.medtrans wrote:
How about if you win the first day in vegas you gotta wear the same clothes again the next day. After all, they were lucky right? I pity my traveling partners when I win again the second day! But you gotta do what you gotta do.
- When it comes to superstitions (and i think there is a thread about this in the archives)....my hang up is WHO sits next to me. If a player sits down and i hit a bonus.........i do NOT want them to leave!
If i'm on a losing streak i pray that they will hit the road jack! Sometimes when im looking for a machine...the person sitting next to that machine fits into my equation. If the player looks like a good luck charm i sit down...if they look like the grim reeper...i move on!!
lcb activities in the last 24 hours
Join the club
- new members
- members online
- guests online
- new posts
- free games played
Most viewed forum posts
- Hi LCB'ers,Here is a list of freebies that are not on the weekly code list. This list includes casinos to check your acct, call/email for free chip and casinos not listed here at our forum. I will update this list on...
- Hello dear LCBers,LimoPlay Casino has something special in stored for you!!Each week Vitali, the lovely casino representative from LimoPlay will be posting a new contest. Please subscribe to this thread by clicking on...