Tell me what you think of these gifts for the teachers
Readers of this topic also read:
- My son only has 1, but my daughter has a teacher and an aide, plus I buy a christmas gift for the other aide in the room. I got them each a jar of the pecan butter, a chai tea mix set and gourmet dark chocolate with sea salt!?? Not sure about it, but I have done the candle thing and the bath and body works thing. I crocheted a blanket the year before last for my daughters aide.
- Replied by
- at December 08, 2010, 06:34:31
- The Mind Doc wrote:
I know lots of teachers. And what they tell you privately is they are DUMPED on with lots of nick-knack crap at Christmas. Cups, candles, "apple" themed items, etc.
Give gift cards. Let these hard working teachers get WHAT THEY WANT.
Thnx for the honest statement and in future, I'll know better.
- Replied by
- at December 08, 2010, 19:41:37
- Replied by
- at December 08, 2010, 19:47:34
- last active 8 months ago
I am sorry but I am gonna have to disagree with you on that.
I have been giving in fact, I just bought 7 boxes of chocolates for each of my daughter's teacher and they are not CHEAP!!!
Beside, if anyone of them ever thinks like what you said, they don't really deserve it in my opinion.
Always thoughts that counts...
If I have to be stressed about such as buying a gift card and for how much to put on each card...now that will ruin the excitement of the whole point of gifting someone.
I've always felt that giving money/gift cards are too simple...
Picking out something/anything for someone you care and love...you have taken the time to think and wonder what this person would like blah blah.........ya know!
- I just sent and IM to a teacher friend of mine...she has been a teacher in our county for 21 years. Here is what she said:
Dave, for the first couple of years the little presents were sort of sweet, but after 200 coffee mugs not so much! and there is always the whacked out stay at home mom who makes dry cookies or sews me something. i sure appreciate the thought, but COME ON parents, please stop making me the object of your gift giving mania!!!!!!! Im over worked, underpaid, and put up with helicopter parents all year long. i do this job becasue I love to teach and love kids period. if you want to do something for please write our board of supervisors and get we teachers a raise, we havent had one in four years, until then your sweet kids are gift enough!
- Lump of coal for that one!
I *was* going to say I always made a little ceramic apple pencil holder for my teachers when I was in school. My mom made ceramics and also did some beautiful china painting. She would help, but I pretty much went from mold to kiln to painting to kiln and would put the teacher's name on it.
Good thing I don't have kids I can't afford gifts for family let alone teachers, so some (not dry) cookies or probably fudge would be the gift given.
In any case, the gifts in wmmeden's post are very very nice!
lcb activities in the last 24 hours
Join the club
- new members
- members online
- guests online
- new posts
- free games played