The dangers of Toast!
Feel free to talk about anything and everything in this board.
- Started by
- last active 1 hour ago
Readers of this topic also read:
- I put the kettle on for a nice cup of char yesterday and stuck a piece of bread in the toaster and made my way back to the computer and LCB. The kettle boiled and the toast went pop. I walked back into the kitchen and it was absolutely full of smoke.
I was totally amazed as the setting was on midway on the toaster. Anyway, I took the toast out of the toaster and it was absolutely charred to a crisp except for two tiny pieces of it. I was just about to throw it in the bin (after opening the windows and front door to let the smoke out) and I noticed it was still alight. I stuck it in a bowl of water and it fizzed and then died.
I wonder what would have happened if I'd placed the "still alight" toast straight in the bin - would the entire contents of my rubbish caught light?
Have you ever set fire to anything accidentally?
- So glad you realized it before throwing the toast out!
I couldn't find my oven mitts but needed to get a pot of boiling potatoes off of the stove. I grabbed a kitchen towel and lightly touched the handles to see if they were hot. Realizing that they weren't I dropped the kitchen towel. I was so concerned about my potatoes not turning to mush, I didn't turn off the stove. Just straight to the sink. I'm getting a steam facial over at the sink and the towel is in flames.Luckily it didn't go unnoticed for too long.
- Toasters sometimes have a mind of their own thats for sure blue!
I have done the same thing as you froggy with laying a towel across the lit stove more than once. Knock on d nothing too serious yet.
I have had my whole house filled with smoke when something in my oven spilled over. The worst part was it was a roast that had to cook a couple hours. After i put the roast in i decided to take a nap. When i woke up i couldn't barely see a foot in front of me. I had to fly and open every window and door in the house.
I have often wondered my fate had i not woke up when i did.
- Quick thinking Blue. imo you did the right thing.
@ Froggy: I wished there were an easier way to boil/cook potatoes. Unfortuantely even microwaves don't do do much better cooking potatoes either (from my experience).
Lips, it's a miracle nothing worse happened. That nap could have cost you your life!
Speaking of flames, I hate dealing with lots of grease (especially deep frying foods). Grease tends to splatter on the stove creating a hazard. (In my case with an electric stove, a giant flame jumps out when grease hits one of the eyes. (:-o
"Today, most of the good people are afraid to be good. They strive to be broadminded and tolerant. It is fashionable to be tolerant but mostly tolerant of evil and this new code has reached the proportions of demanding intolerance of good."
- Mighty! Member
Dangers of Toast?? That's nothing compared to the evil intent of eggs!
- Replied by
- at January 25, 2011, 21:30:42
- last active about 1 month ago
Years ago (I was about 12) I was making eggs and my younger sister called me into the livingroom to see something. Well, I left and after a bit I glanced back to see some odd reflection on the radio.
OMG!!! THE EGGS!!!
I went to the kitchen and yes, the entire pan was aflame!! I quickly grabbed a glass of water and poured it on the flames. WHOOSH!!! The flames went from 1 foot tall to 3 FEET in 2 seconds...(I didn't know oil and water didn't mix!! I swear!!)
Well, we had fire alarms (Mom was sooooo smart!!) and that sucker went off and that's one of the few times my older sister got up early during that summer. She grabbed a lid, on the pan, we got it outside and dumped it on the yard (Bad idea, we had barkdust)
Well, the damage was obvious and so we tried to clean. Then a knock came at the door (About an hour after we were cleaning) and a neighbor saw smoke from the yard. We'd set the barkdust on fire!!
So, we got that put out, tried to hide the damage from Mom, but she saw it anyway, asked what happened and hugged us as we were still quite alive. Later she laughed when she told her friends, but we didn't mind. We didn't get a spanking like we thought we would have!!
- Oh my goodness toast stories, how dangerous innocent toast can be it's just bread, i think it sometimes wants its revenge, and boy does it get it!
my older brother when i was little i didn't know any better then, called me into the kitchen, he said watch this.. i watched him pour cold water into a pan of hot oil, as he did it, it immediately caught fire flames streaming to the ceiling, my eyes big as plates and my jaw dropped to the floor 3 ft away.. my other brother came running into the kitchen yelling what the hell are you doing he smacked him in the head, then grabbed the pan put it in the sink and turn MORE water on it.. lmao lmao lmao... when that happen, im thinking "oooo more pretty fire, what a show!" burned up the curtains, smoke bellowing and rolled along the ceiling... finally the show was over and as it ended they both turned to look at me with these black and red faces, with the look of.."uummm thats not what was supposed to happen see..".. gosh i'll never forget it!
lcb activities in the last 24 hours
Join the club
- new members
- members online
- guests online
- new posts
- free games played
Most viewed forum posts
- Hi LCB'ers,Here is a list of freebies that are not on the weekly code list. This list includes casinos to check your acct, call/email for free chip and casinos not listed here at our forum. I will update this list on...
- Hello dear LCBers,LimoPlay Casino has something special in stored for you!!Each week Vitali, the lovely casino representative from LimoPlay will be posting a new contest. Please subscribe to this thread by clicking on...