Feel free to talk about anything and everything in this board.
Readers of this topic also read:
- Hiya Guys and Dolls,
Oh my the subject of the "In-Laws". People either love them to death or think they are decedents from the devil himself. And it's not just Mother and Father in-laws it's sister and brother in-laws too.
Sometimes even when they are good, a spouse that thinks they can do know wrong or puts them before there significant other can create a problem right there!
Have you been blessed with good in-laws or are they decedents from hell?
- I've had the vicious ones, and the indifferent ones, never any really good ones, darn it, and I've been married 4 times. One father in-law referred to me as "that woman you married" to my husband. My current mother-in-law might as well be a store clerk, and calls me "your wife" to my husband. Rarely talks to me. No problems, just no communication at all. (she knows she gave me a stinker for a husband)
Chilly - i think that nothing could be more insulting than to be referred to by anything other then your name by anyone unless it's a pet name. Especially when it is done deliberately and not just that the name was genuinely forgotten (like i do). But in laws certainly know the names of the spouses. It is a deliberate underhanded jab to make you feel less then what you really are.
- Replied by
- at May 13, 2011, 19:21:37
Hold your head up high! I know you know you are more then all that.
- Usually I get a good laugh out of it when I think of those times. It could be worse. My mom used to always call Jake some other guy's name when she saw him. She was just confused, though. If she wanted to insult him she'd call him jackass. All my husbands and boyfriends throughout history have had that pet name from my mom.
- I choose to ignore my in-laws, except my sister in-law who is a nice person. I told the others that I have no obligation to them just because I love their daughter/niece. I chose her, not them, so we shouldn't feel obliged to have a social relationship just because of that. Sounds harsh but I wanted that to be clear right from the start!
- The in law......... :'(
no words can even describe about them but this might.
I told my mother-in-law that my house was her house, and she said, ``Get the hell off my property.'-----this is my mother in law.
Sometimes it's so hard to pretend not remembering the same things she is repeating but she already told me over and over again.
lcb activities in the last 24 hours
Join the club
- new members
- members online
- guests online
- new posts
- free games played
Most viewed forum posts
- Hi LCB'ers,Here is a list of freebies that are not on the weekly code list. This list includes casinos to check your acct, call/email for free chip and casinos not listed here at our forum. I will update this list on...
- Hello dear LCBers,LimoPlay Casino has something special in stored for you!!Each week Vitali, the lovely casino representative from LimoPlay will be posting a new contest. Please subscribe to this thread by clicking on...