This is a good one!
Feel free to talk about anything and everything in this board.
- Started by
- last active 4 months ago
Readers of this topic also read:
- Hey everyone! I bought a new computer from Sears. Had to order it on-line, so I went to the store and paid cash for it. I received an email this morning that my order had been cancelled, and to go to the store and pick up my cash. ($1000.00) Got there, and after 3 hours of fighting with them, I left with no cash, they are mailing me checks. ARGH!!!
Now the interesting part- I just had gotten home, when much to my surprise, up pulls UPS, and guess what they had! You got it- my new computer! I called Sears back to make sure that my order had indeed been canceled, they said that it was and that they had no computers to send, and that indeed my check is on the way!
WHAT WOULD YOU DO?
- Sure is awkward situation you re in and one thing I found strange is that you had to order it through online but had to go pay at the store, paid cash but didn't get paid in the same way you paid...oh well.
Anyway, this is when I find myself with my home culture where I tried so hard not to accept their superstitious beliefs but naturally I was adept to it. It is a bit more than just morality...but scary consequences that will follow in my belief.
If I take or keep something it doesn't righteously belong to me, I will be ended up losing something else double size amount...something like that.
Here is what I would do...If there is no return label(s), take it to the store so I wouldn't have to spend money on sending it through mail and be done with it even if I have to start all over ordering it and all...or contact their customer service and tell them what happened so they can figure out the way to make the best out of the situation for both parties...but that is just what I would do and it's up to you.
However you decide, wish you a good luck on your new computer whether keeping this one or purchasing another one.
- Hi Loose,
Thats a tough position to be in. Who wouldn't be tempted to get your money back and a computer absolutely free!
The problem i see is, sooner or later i think they are going to figure it out. Especially once the delivery paper work is received, the error may get discovered. The last thing you need is having to come up with 1k some where down the road and no longer have cash on hand.
But if i was in this position i wouldn't say diddle! Mums the word and see how it plays out on their end.
They are a huge corporation and it's not like they are going to lose the farm over this. I see it as Robin Hood stealing from the rich and giving to the poor
- Hey Loose, what a dilemma...
My take on it is this... if you keep it...
in the short term... you are enriched by $1000... and no, it probably won't harm the mega corporation in the bigger scheme of things...
ahh, but in the long term... run down the road of life 20 years and look back... the $1000 is a drop in the bucket that is meaningless from this vantage... but, the memory of what happened and what you decided to do about it is still there, clear and fresh...
what do you want that long view to look like?
- I've told them twice now that I received the computer. They keep insisting that they never shipped one! I think the flunkies I keep getting just don't want to do the paperwork or research to find out what happened. Hard to do the right thing when no one wants you to. At this point, I'm so aggravated that I'mleaning towards just keeping both!
- From this point, what you should do is plain as day....
Document in some manner: you telling them that it came and them arguing that fact. It's very easy to record a convo on a cell these days.
Now you've "legally" got your bases covered. As far as morality is concerned, well.... You tried to give the damn thing back more than once, its not like you stole i, Or received it fraudulently. So I'm fairly certain that you've gone above and beyond what almost all others would have done concerning the "rite thing to do".
So now that's all done and good, load you up a decent casino and see if your luck is still runnin yo!
- loosealot wrote:
We,, I've decided to go with Lips point of view. Looks like my favorite casinos are in for some extra business. A girl can only try.....
Best of luck then - I hope you win huge!
lcb activities in the last 24 hours
Join the club
- new members
- members online
- guests online
- new posts
- free games played