To tip or not to tip
Feel free to talk about anything and everything in this board.
- Started by
- last active 14 hrs ago
Readers of this topic also read:
Posting to the forums is only allowed for members with active accounts
- Ok this might seem petty but most of my check comes from tips. A few times I have paid out $20000+ jackpots to people who have tipped nothing and paid out little $1200 and received a couple hundred bucks. I always overtip simply because I know what it means to me when I do. I know in some countries it is considered rude but what are your thoughts on tipping?
- I've tipped when I hit a jackpot and I would for sure if I was lucky enough to hit $20k. I think it all depends on the player's situation. Have they spent $2k and just won back $1,200? They may not be in a position to tip. It all depends. From the the player's perspective, at least in the US, it's not a requested service to be hand paid at $1,200 and it may be a bit of rebellion not to tip. It can also be a lack of knowledge as most may not realize that the person hand paying them relies on tips as part of their salary as servers do. I personally never knew that.
- when u play at table games... u should tip at least a couple bux if ur leaving ahead.. and when u hit..definitely.. i mean big hit id prolly tip 10% ish.. couple hundred still even 5-10 bux.. but if i play ata table for a lil while.. unless i lose everything (pretty sure they dont expect it then i always throw a buck or two.. for a minute i though this thread was about like wait-staff..i was like ummm.. yea .100% of the time no matter what
- Definetly tip, lets face it most of these workers don;t make a great deal of money and I truly believe in "spreading your bread upon the water and it will return tenfold "
- I always tip, and I think that is a nice thing to do, but not only in casinos, but at restaurants or bars too. Workers here live of tips, but even if not, I think it's kind of rude not to tip at all.
- yes ill tip but why cant the casinos afford to pay these people when they steal millions per day from customers playing slots, cause there's not many winners at my local landbased casino just about 10 per day is the average and people feed these machines like crazy even all there tax refunds go in the slots.
- You're right, Luke. We are going to get busy soon at the casino I work at because people are going to spend their refunds there. We are also busy at the 1st of the month when everyone is spending their govt checks. I remember I once gave a kid a $5 tip at a Sonic I went to and you would have thought it was a hundred I handed him. Small price to make his day as well as my own.
- I am a firm believer in tipping.
Not just at casinos, but for many services; taxi drivers, beauticians, food delivery, to name a few. I worked as a waitress a few years back. We were paid less than minimum wage because it was assumed we would make money in tips. I worked hard and was very good at my job, just like so many people in the service industry. I think it a GREAT thing to show appreciation! Especially if you have just won thousands of dollars.
- I always tip no matter if a restaurant,bar,the pizza delivery or a casino. I've always told my kids......if you can't afford to leave a tip......eat at home!!!
- theres no tipping culture here in finland. the help all ready have a decent salary to begin with. sometimes somebody tips but they are considered crazy here.
- A tip shouldn't be standard but earned. If the person at a table or in a restaurant is friendly, helpfull and entertaining then sure why not give him/her a tip. If this person just does the bare minimum of what is expected from him/her then I won't tip.
I have worked in a restaurant myself as well, tips are nice but should never be expected. Treat people the way you want to be treated and the tips will come on their own . Obviously you can't win them all, the people who win $20.000+ and don't tip might just not be happy at all for some reason or are just plain selfish
lcb activities in the last 24 hours
Join the club
- new members
- members online
- guests online
- new posts
- free games played