UGH, I have to get up sooo early!!!
Feel free to talk about anything and everything in this board.
- Started by
- last active 2 months ago
Readers of this topic also read:
Posting to the forums is only allowed for members with active accounts
- Hi Gang:
Well I finally found a job that suits me, and I am thankful I did, as it is tuff out there to find any job.
So why am I going to complain you ask? Well, it's like this....I have to get up at 3:30am, to be there by 5am. It is killing me. I hope I will get used to it soon.
Just curoius when others start their day. Are there any morning people out there, who just hit the ground running when they wake up? Or people like me who need two pots of coffee, and three hours before I can even think about being productive.
"Today, most of the good people are afraid to be good. They strive to be broadminded and tolerant. It is fashionable to be tolerant but mostly tolerant of evil and this new code has reached the proportions of demanding intolerance of good."
1 pot coffee....
- Replied by
- at December 28, 2009, 12:54:49
- last active 3 months ago
1 hour computer
I used to get up at 4 am (Work started at 6:45) walk dogs then gamble for an
hour and then head off to work...Back then, I had a light beige computer, but when I moved, it was nicotine brown
- I need a tea, a cigarette, a large dose of LCB, then a coffee, another cigarette, more LCB, emails, tea, cigarette and at least 3 hours to get cracking.
Pam I feel for you. I have considered a job that starts at 6am and I really don't think I'm cut out for it as I would have to be up at 4.30 am to get there in time and I really do struggle to get up.
You could run a brass band through my bedroom and I still wouldn't wake up. I'm definitely a night owl.
Best of luck with the job.
- And it seems to me as I age, my ability to get up and get moving is slowing downnnnn.
Getting up is a tuff thing to do. I think it was meant to be done slooooowwwwwly.
I rise, stumble out to the coffee pot (Thank God I have a BUNN with a brew time of 3 minutes) and head for my office. Even in the wee hours of the morning with hours of work staring at me, I have to check out LCB. I drink my coffee, surf the site, check email, and have yet more coffee. Then and only then can I head for the shower to start my day. (Begrudingly, as I want to stay with LCB all day and this job takes me away from it.)
I stay up to late to get up at 3: 30am. One would need to go to bed at 7:30pm, in order to get 8 hours rest. THAT is never gonna happen here.
- Pam .. i feeel feel feel ya on it...
I didn't own a Bun Coffe maker then, so i stood next to the pot drooling, staring into outerunknown for 8 minutes
i had a time where i did the same, get up at 3 get me and my daughter ready, leave house to bus-stop @ 4:30 get to babysitter by 5:30
to then get to work by 6 am .. i HATED IT!!!
Off work at 3pm to get back home by 5:30pm to 6..
Make dinner, do whatever household chores there was, and if i was lucky crash in the bed by 9pm i had NO LIFE!!!!!
- Pam I feel for ya, but at this point I would get up with ya if it meant a job!!
Remember back in the day, I could be out runnin' the streets until 5am and feel refreshed and ready for work by 7am!
Those days are longgggggggggggg gone!
- Sometimes i am just barely getting to sleep at that hour!! It does take awhile to get motivated in the morn. Two things that will spring me into action in a heart beat is when i am out of coffee or out of ciggys!!! I am like a rocket out the door!!!!
Congrats on your new job hun!!
- Wtg,Pam and good luck!!! You will get used it once you settle with new hours. I am very lucky to have the same job for last 11 years and hours are great,9 to 5 and now I only work for four days a week only but still I get up at six A.M. every morning...get my daughter and my two year old son up...make breakfast,clean up and by the time I drop them up at school and day care, I only have few minutes to get my coffee and I am at work and same thing over again after I get off from work... :'( until I put my monkeys in their cages-(my kids) that's after 10 P.M usually...AND I am finally free~~~yay!
Anyway, I am really happy for you,Pam and once again, Good Luck!!!
- Hey, things are looking up. I saw the new schedule today and I will only have ot get up at 4:30 am to be there by 6 all the rest of this week.
Next week it is back to being there at 5am.
Oh well, Shelli is right, it is a job, and I am thankful to have it and a reason to get up to go to one.
Thanks for all the well wishes gang!!!
- My congrats, PMM!!!! To have a job that you like is great!
But to get up at 3:30 am!?!? That's an obvious minus! lol The only advice except coffee...I've read that to wake up easy in the morning you need to start doing exercises in the bed! Just slowly move hands, feet...
- or you could have insomnia like me and stay up for 2-3 days and sleep for 8hrs to stay awake for another 2-3 days before being able to sleep for 8 hrs again. I get about 16-24 hrs sleep a week. my sleeping habit has been like this for over 6 years now. ironically it suits what i like to do best...playing poker and playing at the casinos both land-based and online.
- at the earliest i start working at 6:30, i usually work evenings though, by choice, im def not a morning person
- Wow Pam, I feel 4 ya! I'm a DEFINITE night owl, always have been. Thank God I have a job that allows me 2 create my own schedule.......
back in my 20's, when I thought I'd take the restaurant- management world by storm, I worked @ one of those 'upscale' pastry places.... I had 2 get up @ 01:30 in the a.m.2 b there by 4............ NOT NATURAL, JUST NOT NATURAL!!! Needless 2 say, THAT job lasted less than 2 weeks
GOOD LUCK in your new job
- Pam.. Pam ... Pam... I feel your pain!!!!!
Gosh after being off work for 5 weeks, getting up and going to work, i couldn't get myself in gear for NOTHING, felt sleepy all day.. Not enough coffee in the world!! I'm doing hard count from 5 to 1 and almost missed my deadline of 11am!!! Couldn't get it to balance, my mind was like goo..
All i wanted get in my warm bed!!.. lmaoooo
I've never been like this
lcb activities in the last 24 hours
Join the club
- new members
- members online
- guests online
- new posts
- free games played