Feel free to talk about anything and everything in this board.
- Started by
- last active 4 months ago
Readers of this topic also read:
- Intertops Red Casino - Exclusive Freeroll Tourney this December only for LCB members For New and...READ
Seriously .. i got to fret a bit. Lately i been considering just unplugging. What to do if i do ? Eeek!!! no clue.. Firstly let me say i am 42 , middle class midwestern USA genotype most of my lifetime within the same county of Illinois , St Clair County.. if no one knows the status or history of this St Louis Missouri region.. let's just say it is a shit-fit of the entire southern sector of the state, possibly the whole state. Economically it is bad , the skeletons of Eisenhower administration atemptual restructuring and the reversal of the obvious benefit as it began. What i mean is there are buildings still standing in our cities from race riots in the 1950s. All over the northern USA particularly. Now with that and the 5 generations past then, and more to come. this is a impoverished , violent, drug war battleground, crawling with Federal Agents.. lacking luster for invetsment.. think St Louis bourgeosie-politicos insult the recent Chinese investors themselves heh. So ya get the picture of my locale ?
- Started by
- at March 26, 2012, 00:47:20
- last active 4 months ago
Now i come from the age precursor of the Commodore 64 computer. All the way to now.
This is where i have much problem.
It is obvious the usage of broadband internet accessibilty in my studay here , that i would have to guess 80% of the signal is constanly monitored and assimililated into a regional computation.. usage of my personal internet .. paid for by me, has to be controlled and constanly used by the supernetwork.. Feds, chatter scans, NSA anti terror netting, not to mention local authorities time to time tapping the traffic.. seriously wtf can i use any of my own purchased node to node trnasfers ? am i right there ? They will fight terror in every microcosmic way , hell i am thinking they will not stop at 80% of the dollar to fight terror. As I feel the percentage is currently.
Secondly i see not why i have to pay for my cable televison programming to get more better entertaining commercial advertisements interrupting the programming i select to " watch ". Why must i pay for programming and pay again for the advertisements? THese things make me really ponder the reason to even live in this country but i know it is better most likely here now during this technologically industrial age. I despise most of my fellow Americans to be honest . And certainly never will willing command my own existance and life to the suggestive directions of governance.. mobs rule i guess. Any 1% who are individual enough to attempt to live their own lives.. will not even be able remain the meak.
So i do wonder lately should i just unplug ?
timwilcob, i think situation is globaly like that, but in many regions much worse, nowhere is better i think.
- Replied by
- at March 26, 2012, 01:32:40
- last active 7 hrs ago
We in Serbia have to pay for national TV channel here, something about $7 per month. The bill for it is tied to electricity bill, if you have electricity in your house it means you need to pay TV channel also. Add to it that there is nothing entertaining there to watch and bunch of very idiotic commercials popping up all the time and there is enough reasons to be pissed a lifetime.
I feel like 30% of the people here dont have even basic literacy, most of the time i meet someone i have no clue wtf are they trying to say to me.
Average income per employed person is something about $350-$400. If you get lucky enough to find a job.
In last 5 years i havent manage to buy a single thing and get exactly what i payed. Internet connection inlcluded. Products of renown manufacturers for eastern markets are known to be much worse in quality.
In America you get Dodge Challenger for around $24.000, in Europe you can buy stinking VW Golf for that money (i hope i dont need to mention significant differencies). Its just one simple example in viewpoint differencies. I hate Europe in every possible way, i feel cheated for every piece of technology product i buy.
So, to unplug or not? I say yes, made a litlle "microsociety" of my own that includes my gf, my friends, my family and my dogs. Got a cottage on nearby mountain to spend some free weekends. I feel significantly, no, actualy exponentialy better. As long as i dont find a glimpse of inteligence outside my circle i have no desire to change anything.
- World Wide Free Web ... Let Us Have Something Huh ? Heh..One Party's dogmatized imperialistic prejudice of international trade agreements of private persuasions in interests... sickening isn't this drtheoelen?
Needless to say sir, literacy is simply governmental factoidal programming to create a more employable populace.. Hell my age in this local America have seen the birth of tech age with the first technicolor televeison and first microwave oven , straight to a very privileged and informed world wide bobulated population tuned into a live moonlanding also in uh hum technicolor.. hehe..hard to say it is even a " world " that we live.
The way i see it, there are two edges of internet today. Lets take some extremes into consideration. A sick pedophil will browse for child pornography, while an educated man with life and attitude will browse for intelectualy precious information of his/her interest. Question is, how to cleanse the web from the first without taking personal freedoms away. Something to think about.
- Replied by
- at March 26, 2012, 02:33:16
- last active 7 hrs ago
Also, i use terms like education or literacy to mark someones ability to function in civilized society, someone that has certain interests no matter what they are and at the same time has some accumulated knowledge about it. Can you imagine i met a guy when i served military who begged me to buy him a sandwich for his money, cause he didnt know how to count money in his pocket. Makes you kinda very sad to see such a thing.
Use Your Imagination
You made me ponder something.. salt..many centuries ago, salt was just as valuable as gold, men would work long hard hours to have just a pinch of salt on their tables to add flavor to their food, food was what made people happy back then, they would go to any lengths not to waste even a grain, many men risked their lives in search of these comodies to bring us but also knowing they'd become very rich.... salt and pepper now sit on our tables in abundance probably grains scattered about the containers waiting to be wiped and tossed away without a second thought.. i beleive what we go through now is karma, possibly punishment, for not understanding,knowing and living the meaning of life.. we pay a high price for luxuries, some of their value is not even worth it..but evolution made us need them
- Replied by
- at March 26, 2012, 02:49:09
- last active about 1 month ago
- Replied by
- at March 26, 2012, 09:51:22
I just wote another reply , but it was indeed lost . Or being on trial already.. screw this too not likely to post again anywhere soon.
I had trouble posting too Tim (at around 1am this morning UK time), so please don't think it was censorship. You would never be "on trial" on this forum - you should already know that!
I think you've opened up a very interesting topic and you're getting some sensible replies. Nothing wrong in that.
Sounds like your having the "taxi driver" moment tim. And i don't think there is a one of us that don't at one time or another feel the same way. But unplug? No that would be giving up and goes against your character and integrity.
- Replied by
- at March 27, 2012, 00:17:21
- last active 14 hrs ago
I don't think any of us like the "big brother" is watching us that is happening right now. But i think drthe makes an amazing point in more ways than one. And it is certainly a lesson that Americans can learn from. Is the glass half empty or half full? Your fortune, you can have the luxury to afford internet where many don't.
Our society has changed drastically and being controlled for the purpose of terrorism is living life in fear. In a way the very thing the government is trying to combat is a direct attack on us the people.
The main focus is our lives is our family and our close friends and i couldn't agree with Drthe more with his comment. Let us not forget the dogs either
Life ain't ever gonna be what it was for our parents or our grandparents. Those were the days when a coke was still cola and joint was a bad place to be..........
- When my father was a kid, which was a bit after World war II, children played football all day long on a nearby plain with a ball made of squished old cloth and 4 rocks as goal markers. It was the only entertainment as he tells me back than. And they were content, maybe even quite happy. Why cant we too with all that we have today
- .. versus a real life example of a group of kids playing football in the street with a severed human head.. yea yea .. why are you , lipstick putting a moral spin on my thread as such in your demeanor of your response ? and that is all true and what surely began a very gratifying intelligent conversation with you , drtheolen. But don't stray from the true meat of this topic that i do consider myself unplugged from a resource stealing anti terror fund to keep this mad christian dominated american society of a so called happy shiny people theorem in full . . to me it would most certainly appear that my broadband , what isn't saturated and consumed in its volubility as if mandatory.. force feed.
So little of this signal i may even fathom attempting to claim an ownership of. And where my node to node transfers and relativity are allowed to persist in it trade of values. Depends solely on prefered networks in trading partnerships.
Tell you all what perhaps i would play a jestering devil here to berth the underlying and tormenting concept that exists .. a random value cannot be determined by a computer. It simply is an emulated result.
transmission out ---
- I am scratching my head because it sounds like a mad scienctist lab equation. Using intellecutal words does not constitute a form of intelligence if your audience can't decipher a damn thing being said. The fact that some people did post and try to make sense out of your concoction of thought processes deserves merit. As for me and most on this forum i bet it makes no sense at all.
- Ok liquorman , never conversed with you on the forum before i don't think .. but i will now then .. screw you chump.. and as for the forum I think I am outsie .. bunch a bitties you are , as far as the one's who can carry a conversation , Drtheolen. Thank you sir. The rest of you that i have grown fond of farewell.
lcb activities in the last 24 hours
Join the club
- new members
- members online
- guests online
- new posts
- free games played