Wanting some fried chicken
Feel free to talk about anything and everything in this board.
- Started by
- last active 15 hrs ago
Readers of this topic also read:
Posting to the forums is only allowed for members with active accounts
- wmmeden wrote:
Oh oh oh and some mashed potatoes and cream gravy
I know what mashed potatoes are but I have no idea what cream gravy is?
Enjoy your chicken wmmeden (if you get some).
- Cream gravy is very popular here in the south. U save some of the drippings add flour to thicken then add milk and heat until thick. We eat it on everything: bread, biscuits, potatoes.
- Oh how funny...I was just thinking about having fried chicken with potato wedges today.
Cream gravy sounds so delicious and I am going to try it.
- how about some chicken fried chicken? or chicken-fried steak? goes great with cream gravy.
- I love it on eggs, too. Oh and French fries. U should definitely try it, nan. I grew up on it and I guess I took it for granted that Everyone ate cream gravy
- wmmeden wrote:
Cream gravy is very popular here in the south. U save some of the drippings add flour to thicken then add milk and heat until thick. We eat it on everything: bread, biscuits, potatoes.
Hmm I have to be honest and say it sounds a bit sickly but I'll take your word for it that it's tasty.
Thanks for the explanation.
"Today, most of the good people are afraid to be good. They strive to be broadminded and tolerant. It is fashionable to be tolerant but mostly tolerant of evil and this new code has reached the proportions of demanding intolerance of good."
Throw in some sausage in the gravy and I'll be willing to FLY there!
- Replied by
- at June 20, 2011, 14:32:05
- last active 3 months ago
- Now, that's a new recipe for me...adding sausage in the gravy...
I love trying every different ways of making food and you guys are the best!
Oh Yeahhhhhh... throw a couple of fried eggs on top of that.. heaven (of course if you eat much of it you will be on your way to heaven sooner than later). Definitely a comfort food for me...
- Omg, I can't imagine anyone no knowing what gravy is. My mother still makes hers using evaporated milk. Talk about fattening but, oh so yuuuuuumm! The longer you let the drippings (grease) and flour simmer, before pouring in the milk, the better.
lcb activities in the last 24 hours
Join the club
- new members
- members online
- guests online
- new posts
- free games played