Hello tonight gang:
Back in the day there used to be a Music Triva game. I forget the name of it now. It was a blast, and it got to the point no one would play it with me as I would win each and everytime. New music, old music, and most inbetween, I know it and have probabley enjoyed it.
It is quiet here tonight, and I am listening to some music. See, that in itself is not rare. I listen to music everyday. I listen at home, in the car, and sometimes when I am going to sleep. It plays as I play on LCB, or I have my MP3 player while I clean at work.
Music to me is like the air I breathe. I must have it to survive. Without it my life is simply empty and void of feeling. All the best experiences I have had, have music in the memory.
I remember playing my Mothers old LP's at a young age. Singers like Patsy Cline, and Glen Campbell. I remember feeling the music, the lyrics, and already understanding the feeling of joy, heartache, and all the feelings in between. A simple song could put me there, in the situation to live and experience all in just those few minutes that song was playing.
It can make you happy when your sad. Make you sad when your happy. Give you hope, and sometimes when certain songs are made, we would swear they were made just for us.
What does music mean to you?
Is it a huge part of your life, or just a thing you enjoy once in a while?
What does music mean to you?
Readers of this topic also read:
- Started by
- at March 21, 2010, 04:23:19
- last active 4 months ago
- Music stirs lots of emotions especially particular songs which may mark a significant period of time in your life. I have a few that make me cry and one that I cannot listen to at all because I can't stop crying if I hear it.
I love music, I listen in my car the same as you Pam. I dance to music for about 6 hours each week - I love the dancing and I love the music (which keeps me fit too )
I often go to youtube to find some favourite tracks to listen to while I'm busy on my computer so I would say music is important to me and plays a big part in my life.
Favourite group is Pink Floyd - particularly their Division Bell album.
Nice topic Pam.
I like your taste in music Jacob. The drummer from slipknot is just unreal and Zack Wilde has always been amazing even when he was with Ozzy.
- Replied by
- at March 21, 2010, 17:14:33
I saw Stevie Via a few times in concert when he was the guitarist for David Lee Roth.
I am still stuck in the 80's with alot of those "hair" bands. Bon Jovi, poison and Motley Crue are my favs.
- Yes, Joey Jordison is my idol. Hes amazing on the drums. I guess if you want to know what amazing is just google joey jordison drum solo. ! I also like Danny Carey. More of a slower style, but hes bad. Hes also got a solo you can google. Hes on a gold set of drums. Bad azz.. I play the drums so I know a few. My father does too, but hes more of a Keith Moon/John Bonnom. ! Old school. :)
- Pam, what a great thread...I love music with a passion, and I like you feel it is like the air I breathe, it is definately the essence of me.
I like so many different types of music, and for so many reasons.
I have always remembered singing when I was about 4-5, and I remember all the songs growing up. My first and happiest memory is laying on a sunny banking at a lake at a summer camp we used to go to, I was 4, and had control of the big brown transistor radio...I still remember the song that was playing that I put on..."Smile a little Smile for me Rosemarie". When I hear it now, I really get brought right back therelike I was 4 again.
All my music does the same thing to me. I can remember so many songs where I was in so many stages in my life. These songs can make me happy or cry in a second flat.
It really amazes me how a song can bring me up or down so quick.
Music stirs a lot of emotion for me. Just hearing a good song sometimes can bring a tear to my eye.
I love all kinds of music except opera. I used to play guitar, would like to get into it again sometime. Love the sound of bongos, and conga drums.
If I am sad I can put on my moms music and it cheers me up. Or sometimes I can put on a different on, and it makes me cry.
I think it is a good theraputic tool for me. When I used to drink a lot...I used to LOVE to sing...hehehe I would have to be REAL drunk, but I could feel the music, and didn't care how bad I sounded ;D
I love my music LOUD, so I can feel it penetrate thru me, and feel the vibrations.
I think music keeps me sane ;D
It is definately in everyday of my life
- Most definitly!And as for old school/older music I myself think he is the best. But I just cant see it as the "New" aged rock with drummers like Jason Bittner, Joey Jordison, Mike Portnoy, and Danny Carey its just hard to say hes the all time best. Its just the style I guess. Like I couldnt see Neal playing heretic anthem which is played by Joey. Just cant see it.
- Ahhhh PMM you and i have had plenty of nights sharing tunes. We are definitely on the same page where music is concerned. We have dug deep out of the archives of music and related to many tunes.
I can't imagine the world without music. It soothes the soul and relates to many aspects of our lives. Sometimes it is just our best friend.
Music to me is my most loyal, most deepest, most intimate, most meaningful relationship. It's is my viens, it's my breath i take, the step i follow, my best friend, my shoulder like a ladle through my most devastating of times to the happiness of ever moments in my life. Music has been there, like a knight in shining armor, never tired, never closing it's door. My drug to help me sleep, my motive to move, an understanding when no one else can, my nutrient when i'm weak. Lifts me like a feather when my heart is heavy. Smiles and laughs with me, cheers me on when the road is tough. Giving the unconditional, I always say, if i could marry music i would, my perfect partner.
- Replied by
- at March 21, 2010, 19:47:39
- last active 10 days ago
Thank You Pam, loved reading this post as always!
lcb activities in the last 24 hours
Join the club
- new members
- members online
- guests online
- new posts
- free games played