What not to miss in Vegas
Feel free to talk about anything and everything in this board.
- Started by
- LCB Admin
Readers of this topic also read:
- Hi there,
Im sure your gonna have a great time, ive been twice and absolutely love it!!!.
As suggested before the freemont street show is great, we also took a helicopter ride over the strip at night which was pretty amazing, theres also a great free show in ceasars palace forum shopping center daily with great special effects, definately worth checking out.
Almost all the hotels have attractions of their own to attract the crowds so you wont be short of things to do.
Have a fantastic time, im sooooo jealous!!!!
- Hiya Admin,
I responded to a post awhile back for drpsyce38 who is going to Vegas in the fall. I brought the thread up from the archive so you can view it. It's under Casinos..The thread is..."Planning a trip to Vegas....".
I am assuming your staying on the strip...not sure how long you are staying either.
If just a for 3 days or so i would bypass downtown. Though it is nostalgic it has lost its charm and luster.
I'm thinking you are a tables guy. If so the bigger casinos such as Ceasars, Bellagio and Venetian are pricey minimums. If your looking for tables with lower minimums try the smaller less glamourous casinos as you walk the strip.
What hotel are you going to stay at while there?
p.s. remember what happens in Vegas.....stays in Vegas....wink!
- Hello LCB Admin,
Well, i live here.. it is very hard to figure out what NOT to miss
there is so so much here, my advice and i've done it a million times over
is start from one end of the strip, and walk it to the other end, visiting each casino as you go.. (usually by the time im to the other end, i'm staggering and slurring from all the free drinks, jaws and tummy aching from all the laughter enjoying the people, and i'm at awe at the fine casinos)
no matter how long i've been here, its always new and exciting..
Best casinos for me to visit are The Venetian of course, i'm Italian, Luxor that place is amazing, Bellagio, Harrahs, Mandalay Bay, New York New York has the roller coaster and coyota ugly, and Stratasphere Tower.. the new rides i wouldn't dare go on "Total Extreme Rides". Many clubs, many shows.. and not one would you be disappointed
Downtown, it had its rep.. but its changed alot, it has the Biggest Large screen TV in the world over top, i can have a good time anywhere, doesn't have to look good, i can make a vegas party out of the desert, usually alot of visitors want a taste of old time vegas, alot of famous strip clubs are there. Four Queens, Golden Nugget, Fremont.. and the Famous Binions Horseshoe are all right there, and people are usually partying right in the streets, havng a good time.
Gambling.. most i win at is Sams Town, if you go there, do not miss the water/lazer show, its amazing, Station Casinos, (like Boulder Station)
These casinos have the largest selection of machines of all types..
Theres a small casino near downtown that i hang at called the El Cortez
famous for its payouts, never do i go home broke
Sign up for the clubs in the casinos (take a few minutes to do this)
alot of them have freebies for gambling, like free chips without the exceptions or limits, whatever you win you keep..You end up with comp's for so many things, I'm VIP everywhere i go
i never pay for anything, rooms, food, i'm always comp'd even for cigarettes
this has taken years, but i'm so spoiled.. lol
Well have a good time, enjoy all you can.. oh don't forget to ride the monorail
I'm adding, anything you want to know from one who lives here, feel free to ask me
I'll give you the answer best as i can, or find any information you want
- Imagin.ation I agree with everything you said. I for one really like the downtown freemont street and stayed once at the Four Queens and loved it. I like the glitz and glamour of the strip but when all is said and done I love old vegas. Both the Four Queens and The Golden Nugget had gone through renovation and I found them very comfortable and nice. I have stayed both on the strip and downtown and as you said I can have a good time anywhere. It is an amazing city and I love it.
- Thanks for all the great tips
I took a chopper ride over the canyon today and loved it so a chopper ride over the strip sounds great.
I checked in to the Stratosphere this evening but was not impressed so I plan to book something else in the morning.
I am a tables man and managed to win a few hundred tonight after checking in at 10pm finding dinner at encoure, which i must say looks great.
If Imagin.ation or anyone else wants to meet up that would be cool, i'll be around until the 23rd, just pm me.
- No.. lol don't stay at the Stratasphere, i just meant to check out the rides lol.. the rides are the only reason i go there and take my visitors to see and ride if they dare, they usually ride all 5.. but NOT me i'll just watch.. lol
Better places up the strip, i'm sure you found them lol
Glad you are having a good time so far, and winning.. no tables for me
Living here i found on the tables.. you either win big, or lose real big
so i stick to machines, good place to eat.. RIO the buffet is wonderful
If you drink, don't forget to get a Hulk Hogan, a drink so big you have to strap it on lol.. Visit Harrahs, and all the little places surrounding it
Have a good time!
Oh and yes, we could meet later this week, i'm leaving to Cali for 3 days
just a 4 hour drive where i'm going, DISNEYLAND!
As satansmuff said, the Aladdin is another nice place to go, it was recently remodeled
My opinion The Venetian has the highest of my respect, i recommend staying there to all
- I agree with you about the Venitien.....but being the addict that I am, I would rather spend my money gambling than on a nice room...lol, I always look for the CHEAPEST rooms I can find when I go to Vegas, because really I only spent 4 hours tops in my room and thats only to sleep and shower...I barely sleep when i'm there, then I get home and CRASH for 3 days!!!!
- When i do MY thang on the strip.. i'm up for at least 4 days, its weird you don't even KNOW IT.. its friday, then the next you looks its MONDAY?..lol
15 minutes from the strip, living on the Sunrise Mountain, BUT if i can't drive, i stay in a room and SLEEEEPPPP, Like i said i'm VIP and have no idea what the room rates are, my friends and family usually stay with me, but if they want to feel like a high roller on the strip or wherever, i get them a room all comp'd
lcb activities in the last 24 hours
Join the club
- new members
- members online
- guests online
- new posts
- free games played
Most viewed forum posts
- Hi LCB'ers,Here is a list of freebies that are not on the weekly code list. This list includes casinos to check your acct, call/email for free chip and casinos not listed here at our forum. I will update this list on...
- Hello dear LCBers,LimoPlay Casino has something special in stored for you!!Each week Vitali, the lovely casino representative from LimoPlay will be posting a new contest. Please subscribe to this thread by clicking on...