I was reading... Esquire Magazine asked women of different age groups what they want (or expect) from men in their own age groups, here are some of the answers lol...
What is it that women want from men.. how demanding can we be and get what we want.. what do you want from a man?
It seems at an early age we tend to look for some tenderness but actually we are not really caring we just wanna have fun lol, then middle age we need security, then we are back to tenderness in our older age..
He should be compassionate, at least. There have to be some teenage boys with compassion!
He should be good with the parents.
He should have a goal.
He should know how to whittle d.
We don't expect very much, to be honest.
He should be reliable.
He shouldn't rely on text messaging as a tool of courtship.
He should have a "way" about him.
He should have traveled the world.
He should know how to cook one thing really well.
He should have a political affiliation.
He should, every now and then, substitute a light beer with Scotch on the rocks.
He should behave as if his mother raised him correctly — even if she didn't.
He should not have a belly.
He should have decided on a sexual preference.
He should possess the thoughtfulness required to help a mom with a stroller and two kids up the stairs.
He should not have mommy issues.
He should have moved on from pickup lines to conversation starters.
He should want the party to end at some point.
He should be a real partner.
He should still be eager to learn.
He should be able to sing along to all the songs on Boston's first album.
He should be financially secure.
He should understand the importance of jewelry in a woman's life.
He should take out the garbage without being asked.
He should be sexy.
He should be a gentleman.
He should work out.
He should smell like something: aftershave or cologne.
He should know politics.
He should be faithful.
He should like Bob Dylan.
He should dance.
He should not be addicted to his work.
He should admit his mistakes.
What women want from men..! ? !
Readers of this topic also read:
- I'm 51, my new beau (love of my life,future husband),is gonna be 52 soon, I feel so blessed because I feel like I finally found a man who I am very compatible with and he feels the same way. He has a number of qualities on my "wish list". Intelligent,handsome,funny,sexy,important parts still in good working order,(Thank you God!!!)good kisser,very attentive,extremely romantic,generous and has a lot in common with me,and vice versa.
But if I hadnt struck gold ,I would say funny and intelligent are 2 things I could not do without.
They were right, you do feel sexier after 50...go figure.
- The absolutely one thing that I cannot stand in a man is a man who won't work, and I don't understand the women who support them. I have been with my husband since I was 16 and I am 33 now and the two things I really want are 1)Take your butt to your job and 2)Be a good dad. I don't care about physicality. We all get old, saggy and droopy. I do try to keep my body nice, but that is my personal preference.
- yeah, for real. Don't be stupid like I was, learn how to detect if someone is a sociopath. They are REALLY good liars and talkers and confuse you where you don't know what's what. And make sure they actually do have that job and DO have a real income unless you want to end up supporting them and never getting a penny from them towards anything.
I ran out of money (bad) but thought well, now he will dump me (please God) but he is still trying to hang around because I own my house and property.
Just found out yesterday I don't have to worry about that anymore. Thank God I had a guardian angel when I used my inheritance money from my personal bank account and put the title in my name only. I'm in a community property state so it's presumed to be community property but those three things I did are each points that prove its MINE! All MINE!
- Hmm... I'm 31 and dh is 39, and though he's not perfect he is a good dad and he stuck by me with a vicious cancer that removed two of his favorite assets- my boobs lol. I would agree with the list for the most part, but life threatening things change your views a bit. I can live if he forgets to take out the trash, or has a small belly now. But he better still give me money LLLL
- I just want one that will watch the kids so I can take a nap LMAO
I'm lucky I already found him...All kidding aside my husband is a great guy, and a great dad. He has stuck by me through the worst of times, and never turned his back on me. I love him with all of my heart. Oh yeah, and he gives me money to support my gambling habit...Thats a plus.
- FYI Men,
Women do NOT cotton to guys who wear socks (especially black) with sandals!!
Men in their 30's 40's who still LIVE to play video games....oy!
Who seem to have an uncomfortably close relationship with their "pwecious widdle boo boo kitty kat"
Can't pass a mirrror without checking himself out.
Whimpers like a girl during sex,(Please don't ask)
Brags about his sexual prowess....a lot....RED FLAG
Speaks badly of his mother.....sure sign that he may treat you like crap!
Mostly calls you in the middle of the night....Ah yes Mister Booty call.
Wants to come over to your place a lot to eat, but rarely takes you out to dinner,cheapazz baztard!!
Does NOT even try to hide oogling at another woman when your together (this is bad,very bad!)
BUT there are good guys out there, most of us just have to kiss a bunch of frogs before we meet our Prince!
I dated a guy once that didn't open the doors, sat down first, didn't help me with my coat, wouldn't dare light my cig, got into the car first AND had the NERVE to try and kiss me.. secretly, i wanted to ditch him in the restuarant, burn his coat with my lighter, slap his face for trying to kiss me.. then slam the door in his face!
- Replied by
- at June 05, 2010, 21:09:48
- last active 7 days ago
I didn't i went through it with a smile, he called again for another date.. i graciously said.. "Hell NO, but thank you for asking" and hung up!
- I can not stand a guy who is too forward...I mean, at first date if he dared to even shows,speaks,moves fast on physical stuffs, he says,YEAH and I say, Nay, so long mister!!! And oh, I do not like any man who has a filthy mouth...
I don't much care for a guy who talks a lot...makes me think he has no brain.
I so dislike a guy or anyone who is lazy...even kids. Everyone should be always stay busy doing something...
I have a knack for a man who reads and even reads to me...
I love watching a man who knows how to fix up things...with his bare hands but just with few hammer and nails...
I love a man who can cry when he is watching Disney movies...
I love watching a man who drops everything and playing and laugh with kids...put tears in my eyes just seeing them together.
First of all......if I had a lady who looked like WNANHEE...I WOULD do chores!
- Replied by
- at June 05, 2010, 23:57:33
- last active 5 months ago
Thinking back to my days as a psychologist. The number one mistake women make is not being employable. Even if you are married to Mr. Bucks, please keep some marketable skill. You never know...... Rule number 1, do not be dependent on a man.
And I agree with the statements above. What is with you women who will work, clean, etc for a man who won't get a job????
lcb activities in the last 24 hours
Join the club
- new members
- members online
- guests online
- new posts
- free games played