which notebook?

Feel free to talk about anything and everything in this board.
Headline back 2
    2,304
    views
    11
    replies
    Last post ago over 5 years by Johnny Karp
    No avatar normal

    TAAADAAA

    • Superstar Member
    • male
    • offline
    • 1652
      thanks given
    • 1519
      thanks received
    • Started by
      Superstar Member
      5,793
    • last active about 1 month ago

    Readers of this topic also read:

    Please or register to post or comment.
      • No avatar normal

        TAAADAAA

        • Superstar Member
        • male
        • offline
        • 1652
          thanks given
        • 1519
          thanks received
        • Started by
          Superstar Member
          5,793
        • last active about 1 month ago
        There are too many brands, models of notebooks nowaday and if you plan to buy a new one tomorrow.  Which notebook would you choose? or how your designed notebook will be like?  would you like to buy it at the stores?  would you like to buy it on ebay (cheaper prices)?
        I'm currently using a toshiba, but I do not like it, because I kept buying replaced parts for it (battery, keyboard, ac adapter and also additional fans, it's getting hot super fast when I do the spinning, lol).  My desired notebook proablly is,
        Sony or HP dvd4
        black or white color
        14'' screen
        must be Intel dual core
        good for gaming (no need to buy additional fans to cool it down)
        price does not exceed $500 (I'm dreaming  LOL)

        Ok, what is your ideal notebook?
      • Index

        blueday

        • admin
        • offline
          • 18132
            thanks given
          • 9800
            thanks received
          • Replied by
            admin
            20,102
          • last active 6 hrs ago
          I would certainly go to the stores to get all the info on a notebook first.  It's difficult to judge what it is like from a picture.  Once you have found the one that you want with all the bits on it that you want, that is easy to use, has a nice keyboard etc etc, then search for a good deal online. 

          Take care on ebay  - never send cash via Western Union, you are guaranteed never to receive your item.  I bought a mobile via WU and never got it.  No protection whatsoever.

          As for an ideal notebook, I would like to afford an Acer or Veio.

          Good luck with your search Taaadaaa.

          blue
        • No avatar normal

          TAAADAAA

          • Superstar Member
          • male
          • offline
          • 1652
            thanks given
          • 1519
            thanks received
          • Replied by
            Superstar Member
            5,793
          • last active about 1 month ago

          Thanks for this post from:

          • Index
          thanks blue,

          paypal has buyer/seller protection, you can always get your money back if that seller doesnt ship the items or send you wrong, damage items.

          blueday wrote:

          I would certainly go to the stores to get all the info on a notebook first.  It's difficult to judge what it is like from a picture.  Once you have found the one that you want with all the bits on it that you want, that is easy to use, has a nice keyboard etc etc, then search for a good deal online. 

          Take care on ebay  - never send cash via Western Union, you are guaranteed never to receive your item.  I bought a mobile via WU and never got it.  No protection whatsoever.

          As for an ideal notebook, I would like to afford an Acer or Veio.

          Good luck with your search Taaadaaa.

          blue
        • 2d4818989f1ca7ccfaccc9b2527a6916

          Johnny Karp

          • admin
          • male
          • offline

          "Just play. Have fun. Enjoy the game." -- Michael Jordan

          • 6706
            thanks given
          • 2250
            thanks received
          • Replied by
            admin
            3,686
          • last active 1 hour ago
          I bought an Asus, reasonable price and pretty good quality (Intel Core2Duo processor, 3GB RAM, 1GB NVidia graphics card, all for a bit less than USD 600).
        • No avatar normal

          TAAADAAA

          • Superstar Member
          • male
          • offline
          • 1652
            thanks given
          • 1519
            thanks received
          • Replied by
            Superstar Member
            5,793
          • last active about 1 month ago
          nice one johny,
          my toshiba is sucked.  It gave me too many problems in the past, fixed this and that, and recently I don't know what was wrong with it.  After I turn it on and use it for awhile, then it turned off by itself.  Problly it is overheat? it can't be the power cuz I had ac adapter connected the whole time.  Anyway, I just order a new battery to see if the problem continue.  Wow, the price on ebay is so cheap.  IF I buy it from toshiba, it will cost me $130, but I bought the same one on ebay for $27.

          Johnny Karp wrote:

          I bought an Asus, reasonable price and pretty good quality (Intel Core2Duo processor, 3GB RAM, 1GB NVidia graphics card, all for a bit less than USD 600).
        • 2d4818989f1ca7ccfaccc9b2527a6916

          Johnny Karp

          • admin
          • male
          • offline

          "Just play. Have fun. Enjoy the game." -- Michael Jordan

          • 6706
            thanks given
          • 2250
            thanks received
          • Replied by
            admin
            3,686
          • last active 1 hour ago
          I'd be careful with those ebay things, a friend of mine bought a charger for his laptop off ebay and it didn't work at all, not for one second!
        • Avatar 41348

          timwilcob

          • Sr. Member
          • male
          • offline
          A Better Man to be Better Than.
          • 162
            thanks given
          • 130
            thanks received
          • Replied by
            Sr. Member
            323
          • last active 4 months ago
          Asus is a very good quality choice .. i understand Lenovo has some good quality of late too..
        • Avatar 41348

          timwilcob

          • Sr. Member
          • male
          • offline
          A Better Man to be Better Than.
          • 162
            thanks given
          • 130
            thanks received
          • Replied by
            Sr. Member
            323
          • last active 4 months ago
          either way you'll definately want to maximize your ram memory whenever you do decide , always the best bang for your buck in powering your pc especially laptops
        • Index

          blueday

          • admin
          • offline
            • 18132
              thanks given
            • 9800
              thanks received
            • Replied by
              admin
              20,102
            • last active 6 hrs ago
            Personally I got a Packard Bell which has 4GB of Ram and the dual core processor and Windows 7.  No probs with it all - runs smoothly, doesn't overheat ever.  When I went round the store (late in the day), I felt all the laptops and this was one of the few that wasn't even warm to the touch - helpful tip Taaadaaa.  Get touchy feely with the laptops.

            blue
          • No avatar normal

            TAAADAAA

            • Superstar Member
            • male
            • offline
            • 1652
              thanks given
            • 1519
              thanks received
            • Replied by
              Superstar Member
              5,793
            • last active about 1 month ago
            thanks johny,
            my $27 battery ($130 stock price) bought from ebay worked like a champ.  Maybe your friend should get the right model, part number for his laptop charger and choose the new one.

            Johnny Karp wrote:

            I'd be careful with those ebay things, a friend of mine bought a charger for his laptop off ebay and it didn't work at all, not for one second!
          • 2d4818989f1ca7ccfaccc9b2527a6916

            Johnny Karp

            • admin
            • male
            • offline

            "Just play. Have fun. Enjoy the game." -- Michael Jordan

            • 6706
              thanks given
            • 2250
              thanks received
            • Replied by
              admin
              3,686
            • last active 1 hour ago
            No, it wasn't a model issue. I guess he just came across the wrong salesman They did refund him after a month or so.

            TAAADAAA wrote:

            thanks johny,
            my $27 battery ($130 stock price) bought from ebay worked like a champ.  Maybe your friend should get the right model, part number for his laptop charger and choose the new one.

            Johnny Karp wrote:

            I'd be careful with those ebay things, a friend of mine bought a charger for his laptop off ebay and it didn't work at all, not for one second!

          lcb activities in the last 24 hours

          • 24
            new members
          • 634
            members online
          • 13584
            guests online
          • 198
            new posts
          • 5709
            free games played
          Join the club

          Most viewed forum posts

          Join today and start earning rewards

          You will immediately get full access to our online casino forum/chat plus receive our newsletter with news & exclusive bonuses every month.
          S logo
          Select Language
          Search
          Search Results

          Report to moderator

          Use this function to inform the moderators and administrator of an abusive or wrongly posted message.

          Please note that your email address will be revealed to the moderators if you use this

          Submit
          39012170