Why oh why do fast food drive thru's screw up???
Feel free to talk about anything and everything in this board.
- Started by
- last active 5 hrs ago
Readers of this topic also read:
Posting to the forums is only allowed for members with active accounts
- Hi Guys,
Why oh why when i go to the drive thru...the order is NEVER right! Either the order is wrong or i have to repeat the order 5 times!
Couple weeks ago i woke up and was fresh outta coffee....yes the nitemare of all nitemares! I quickly take my shower and get dressed before i start chat and runnnn to Dunkin Donuts for coffee.
The conversation at the window to place my order was straight out of Saturday Nite Live! I drive up to the window..."Can i get a large coffee..cream only please". The girl says i'm sorry but can you repeat your order? Sure...large coffee with cream only.
Okay ma'am she says...one mocha coffee. No no...one large regular coffee with cream only. Oh okay...one regular mocha. Im starting to get aggravated...No no one large REGULAR coffee....no MOCHA. Okay ma'am one regular size mocha...no large?
Okay i am starting to think that there is a hidden camera and i am on tv. This has to be a joke. Umm no no no no....let me start over..No mocha okay, no mocha ...you with me so far...she says yes. Okay thats a start....i want one coffee...i want a large coffee..with just cream. Okay ma'am please pull up.
I get to the window....she extends her hand with my coffee and repeats the order..here you go ma'am one coffee no cream! Now my impatience has turned to laughing hysterical at her at the window. I say...are you serious? Where is the hidden camera...barely able to talk i'm laughing so hard at her.
She looks at me puzzled...like whats so funny. Okay i say....get a large cup...she brings a large cup...pour some cream in that cup..she does...okay now poor coffee in it...she does. BINGO........mission accomplished!
As i drove away...no camera crew ran after me...this was real...can ya even believe it?
Have you ever had a drive thru screw up your order?
- Lips, too funny! When that starts to happen to me... i just stop talking and drive right to the window!
I love when i go to burger king and place my order, and when im done, i always say and thats it! As in don't ask me if i want cheese on that burger, or if i would like some dessert with that.... HELLO... what part of thats it don't you understand?
Also love when i ask for napkins and some salt... they give me handfuls of both... one burger, 17 napkins and 27 salts... sweet!
- Replied by
- at June 18, 2009, 00:45:29
This has happened to me many times, we place our order.. pull up.. pay them..they hand you your bag and off you go, then ur 5 freakin miles down the road b4 you realize it, and i feel like such a duffas that i didnt check the bag b4 i pulled out so theres no way im turning around to get my 99 cent cheeseburger they forgot. . so i just chalk it up as a loss and drive on, but if you think about all the extra these places make off of that, it might make me LOOK INSIDE THE BAG b4 i pull away.hehe.
- Trotter...I have the opposite luck. I have a bagful of goods, and I can't get a single napkin, and I am lucky if I get straws for my drinks. Salt for my fries? Unheard of.
- Replied by
- at June 18, 2009, 03:04:08
Ummmmmm, I gave up on the drive thru long ago, just get out of the car guys! hehe
look up lazy in the dictionary and there will not be a definition just a picture of me. Get out of the car...i like that one Shelli. .
- Me too... when i read the post, the first thing i thought of was, when was the last time i walked into one of those places... the answer... to complain about the mistake made on my order i got going thru the drive up window!
- Wow...I had no idea so many people had problems with drive throughs...I don't think I've ever gotten an order messed up before.......but I do notice that Trotter mentioned them always asking if you want anything else and it's funny cause I always have the opposite reaction from them. Almost everytime i'm alone and ordering for my whole family they keep trying to cut me off!! I'll tell them I need 2 cheeseburgers, then they'll say "Is that it" and i'll say no...i also need 3 chicken nuggets, then they'll just give me my total and i'm like....uhhhh i also need 4 order of fries..then they proceed to give me a total and tell me to pull up to the first window, and again i'm like ....uhhhhhhh.....I also need, and so on and so on, and to tell you the truth I HATE when they do that because after the first copule times I start to get aggervated and I start to worry that they feel the same way and just maybe my food is gonna have a little more than what I asked for lol!!!
When i was a youth i worked at Burgerking.... and with having first hand experience... you are definatley "getting more than you are paying for". lol
I just saw alot of things go on... never did any of that stuff myself! lol
- I worked at Tim Hortons drive thru for a year and a half. Sometimes the headsets are crap so you can't be heard by the employee. Generally this is because the company is too damn cheap to splurge for proper equipment. You should also keep in mind that the majority of employees are highschool kids who can barely wipe their own butts let alone get a large order right lol. I had a customer throw a muffin at me, and another time had a bagel thrown at me because they were wrong. I wasn't the one who made the order, I was just the lucky one at the window who handed it to the customer. My advice...check the bag before you leave and keep in mind that the person at the window may not be the one who screwed up your order. Or you can do as my friend shelli said.....get off your butt and walk in!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I know one thing... i would have climbed through that drive in window head first and strangled that bastard... lost my job and went to jail. Did your manager not go off on this person, or did you? Please tell me they didnt just drive off, tell me you threw them both back through that window.
People can be so ugly.
lcb activities in the last 24 hours
Join the club
- new members
- members online
- guests online
- new posts
- free games played