You jinxed me!! Lol
Feel free to talk about anything and everything in this board.
- Started by
- last active 2 months ago
Readers of this topic also read:
- Hi LCB'ers, Freaky Vegas has an awesome news which you'll love! They have just launched an...READ
- Someone made a post several days ago asking if we could go a few days without internet or phones... Well thanks to hurricane Ireane not only have we been without internet (dont even own a cell) but ive gone without lights, tv, hot
water and ac for 4days now and they are saying another 3 or 4 days more!! Honestly, it hasnt been at bad as I thought. Its truely amazing the things you can get done when theres nithing else to do. Managed to get some deep cleaning done to the apt, wrote some long overdue letters, went through picture albums I havent looked at in years and became friendly with several neighbors. Also due to our culture and lack of communication (im vietnamese and caucasion and my boyfriend is mexican) theres not alot of things we do together...at home im on the comp ands hes watching tv in spanish or vise vera and when it comes to dinning out its usually take out because he wants mexicsn and I want vietnamese....but with no power at home and in the majority of richmond we came together in an increadible way for the first time ever! Managed a few long luxurious bubble baths together, went out to eat in the first place we could find that was open FRidays stayed for almost 3 hours having drinks and conversation....found a hidden object game that bith of us could ynderstand amd really enjoy.....dont think I need to mention the mood have 100 lit candles can provide, lol. So to reanswer that previous question Yes, I can go without and if anything being without has improved my life a bit!
- Ok, that being said now the downfall...as you can imagine all the food in the fridge/freezer has gone bad and we have dipped into savings having spend over $300 in the last four days going out to eat and buying drinks...thought I might be able to do a little savaging by buying ice to keep cold drinks and the stuff in the freezer but EVERYWHERE is sold out of ice! Candles are sold out also...another $100 wasted on those and now I cant get anymore when these burn out. My boyfriend works overnights and im terrified of sitting at home alone in the dark and by myself the candles freak me out with all the weird shadows being cast. I can really hear nature outside now and I find all the crickets and chirps to be extremely annoying and have no way of tuning rhem out! Ok, so to re re answered that original question YES I can go without bur not for a long period of time. All this time I thought paying bills were expensivw but I now see it is nothing compared to the extra expenses of not being able to cook, keep food and see in the dark..over $400 in 4 days, damn....i definately cant afford to keep living like this!
Ps....i think the only person in this household who hasmt
been affected in anyway is the cat lol. She could care less that its 90degrees inside the house or that there are no lights...all she knows is that her foodbowl is full and the bed is made!
Sorry for all the typos, borrowing a friends cell phone and stupid touchpad is not agrweing with my fingers lol
- Glad you are back Satan but it sounds like to me you had a blast!
Candles can be so romantic and at the same scary if you are all alone watching shadows on the wall. Then there are sounds in the silence that make you wonder what the heck is it.
It's like when i get in my car i immediately turn on the radio, but yesterday i got sidetracked and i heard a funny noise under the hood and all i could think was how long has that gone on. I wouldn't have a clue with the radio blasting all the time.
It is amazing what we tune out when we are tuned into the net.
- Hahaha...I must be due for a HUGE payout...only now I have no money to deposit to hit that big win!!! Lmao Lights finally came on today whoooo!!! All in all it wasn't a bad experiance at all...the worst part was all the money we had to waste to eat with...our dumba$$es went out Friday night right before the hurricane and spent $100 in grocerieces..i was thinking IF the power went out it would only be for a few hours, a day at the most so that was another $100 down the drain. :'(
P.S. last nights activities included a candle lit facial, pedicure and manicure! All these things I would have never done otherwise
lcb activities in the last 24 hours
Join the club
- new members
- members online
- guests online
- new posts
- free games played