You SPOILED little brat! lol
Feel free to talk about anything and everything in this board.
- Started by
- last active about 1 month ago
Readers of this topic also read:
I saw this and thought it was hilarious (and 100% true) and thought I'd share this and give ya'll a little laugh.
- Started by
- at November 26, 2011, 23:38:29
- last active about 1 month ago
If you are 30, or older, you might think this is hilarious! When I was a kid, adults used to bore me to tears with their tedious diatribes about how hard things were. When they were growing up; what with walking twenty-five miles to school every morning.... Uphill.... Barefoot... BOTH ways...yadda, yadda, yadda And I remember promising myself that when I grew up, there was no way in hell I was going to lay a bunch of crap like that on my kids about how hard I had it and how easy they've got it! But now that I'm over the ripe old age of thirty, I can't help but look around and notice the youth of today. You've got it so easy! I mean, compared to my childhood, you live in a damn Utopia! And I hate to say it, but you kids today, you don't know how good you've got it!
1) I mean, when I was a kid we didn't have the Internet. If we wanted to know something, we had to go to the damn library and look it up ourselves, in the card catalog!!
2) There was no email!! We had to actually write somebody a letter - with a pen! Then you had to walk all the way across the street and put it in the mailbox, and it would take like a week to get there! Stamps were 10 cents!
3) Child Protective Services didn't care if our parents beat us. As a matter of fact, the parents of all my friends also had permission to kick our ass! Nowhere was safe!
4) There were no MP3's or Napsters or iTunes! If you wanted to steal music, you had to hitchhike to the record store and shoplift it yourself!
5) Or you had to wait around all day to tape it off the radio, and the DJ would usually talk over the beginning and @#*% it all up! There were no CD players! We had tape decks in our car. We'd play our favorite tape and "eject" it when finished, and then the tape would come undone rendering it useless. Cause, hey, that's how we rolled, Baby! Dig?
6) We didn't have fancy crap like Call Waiting! If you were on the phone and somebody else called, they got a busy signal, that's it!
7) There weren't any freakin' cell phones either. If you left the house, you just didn't make a damn call or receive one. You actually had to be out of touch with your "friends". OH MY GOSH ! Think of the horror... not being in touch with someone 24/7!!! And then there's TEXTING. Yeah, right. Please! You kids have no idea how annoying you are.
8) And we didn't have fancy Caller ID either! When the phone rang, you had no idea who it was! It could be your school, your parents, your boss, your bookie, your drug dealer, the collection agent.... you just didn't know!!! You had to pick it up and take your chances, mister!
9) We didn't have any fancy PlayStation or Xbox video games with high-resolution 3-D graphics! We had the Atari 2600! With games like 'Space Invaders' and 'Asteroids'... Your screen guy was a little square! You actually had to use your imagination!!! And there were no multiple levels or screens, it was just one screen.. Forever! And you could never win. The game just kept getting harder and harder and faster and faster until you died! Just like LIFE!
10) You had to use a little book called a TV Guide to find out what was on! You were screwed when it came to channel surfing! You had to get off your ass and walk over to the TV to change the channel!!! NO REMOTES!!! Oh, no, what's the world coming to?!?!
11) There was no Cartoon Network either! You could only get cartoons on Saturday Morning. Do you hear what I'm saying? We had to wait ALL WEEK for cartoons, you spoiled little rat-bastards!
12) And we didn't have microwaves. If we wanted to heat something up, we had to use the stove! Imagine that!
13) And our parents told us to stay outside and play... all day long. Oh, no, no electronics to soothe and comfort. And if you came back inside... you were doing chores! And car seats - oh, please! Mom threw you in the back seat and you hung on. If you were lucky, you got the "safety arm" across the chest at the last moment if she had to stop suddenly, and if your head hit the dashboard, well that was your fault for calling "shot gun" in the first place! See! That's exactly what I'm talking about! You kids today have got it too easy. You're spoiled rotten! You guys wouldn't have lasted five minutes back in 1970 or any time before! Regards, The Over 30 Crowd (Send this to someone you'd like to make smile)
- lol.. that was great reading, so true.. and to think all this stuff developed just over the last 30 years, i remember mailing letters for my mom she'd give me a dollar to goto the mailbox.. then i run to the tiny family own market in my hood and buy singlestrips of liquorice for a nickel and a giant pickle from the humongous pickle jar, abba zabbas and big hunks!
- Lol....I just turned 30 and I can remember only 15 years ago, no cells or texting and writing letters to my dad since computers were only for the "rich" people at the time...I did have my super nintendo and playstation 1 but it's nothing like the wii or playstation 3 I have now...Oh,oh, oohhhhh...and I definately remember waiting HOURS for a song to come on the radio so I could record it on my tape deck! Hahahaha
"Today, most of the good people are afraid to be good. They strive to be broadminded and tolerant. It is fashionable to be tolerant but mostly tolerant of evil and this new code has reached the proportions of demanding intolerance of good."
- Mighty! Member
No. 4 and 13 (Child seat) had me rolling with laughter...( I can still remember that certian day I ummm...Well "Nearly" got caught ) :`o
- Replied by
- at November 27, 2011, 20:05:37
- last active about 1 month ago
You forgot ROTARY DIAL phones!! :o
I can even remember back to having a "Party line"
I remember when my Mother bought me the home version of "Pong" and for HOURS I played it...
- There was something i remember as a little girl.. my father got sick and we had to call an abulance, i remember my brother scrambling around to find the number. and then he was shaking so bad trying to dial it on a rotary phone.. we didn't have 911 back then, speed dial or location finders.. not to mention barely having train paramedics in trucks..
- Adorable list satan! Not having caller ID had it's pros and cons. No longer can kids prank call and order a stack of pizzas for a neighbor! That kind i impish fun they won't ever know.
And i am sure in 30 years they will be saying how did you deal with laptops and typing on the keyboard when everything will be done through our cells and be voice activated!
- I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this list Satan.
You are quite the writer....seriously!
I at the part about hanging on for life while driving at the 'safety arm'.
Remember how we loved when Charlie Brown's Christmas, Frosty the Snowman or... gasp, The Wizard of Oz was on. It was a night of greatness. Now, the shows are too lame for my kids.
If you wanted to see a movie, you had to get in the car and drive to one. There was no way to watch a movie at home unless it was a special on TV for all to see.
The news was on at 6pm and 10pm...that's it.
MTV was a cool idea and was for Music Videos...not crap TV.
Hated that one of my best friends had a phone number ending in 9979. The rotary going all the way around and back again. 1's were so much greater to dial.
I sill have a tape deck in one of my vehicles. OY!
- Sorry Gabby, I can't take credit for this. I found it online and thought it was so funny and shared it with you guys, lol....and YES, I too miss those days when Music Tele-Vision showed music videos. I don't think MTV even shows music videos anymore...anytime I happen to land on that channel it's always some lame reality show! Same goes for VH1
lcb activities in the last 24 hours
Join the club
- new members
- members online
- guests online
- new posts
- free games played
Most viewed forum posts
- Hi LCB'ers,Here is a list of freebies that are not on the weekly code list. This list includes casinos to check your acct, call/email for free chip and casinos not listed here at our forum. I will update this list on...
- Hello dear LCBers,LimoPlay Casino has something special in stored for you!!Each week Vitali, the lovely casino representative from LimoPlay will be posting a new contest. Please subscribe to this thread by clicking on...