RESOLVED - Leo Vegas Absolute Nightmare!!
Our community has 92,863 members and growing with 353,073 posts in 20,387 topics by 2,504 members.
- Started by
- last active 16 days ago
Readers of this topic also read:
- OK well id like to start by saying that I have made 100's of deposits over the years to many casinos and I have never had an issue depositing using a debit card unless I didn't have the funds in my bank which is fair enough.
This then brings me onto the above subject,I made a first deposit the other day of 15 euros into my Leo Vegas account and all was good deposit went thru bonus added luvly jubbly,well I soon lost and decided to make my second deposit of 10E however upon doing this it said payment declined try again so I did another 2 times without success.So I gave up and went back to metroplay who I 100% trust and never had an issue with,so I tried depositing just £5 but the payment was declined so I phoned my bank and they advised me that I had pending transactions to Leo Vegas which were waiting to be collected and as debit card payments are guaranteed there was nothing my bank could do they advised to contact Leo Vegas and give them my banks fax number so they could fax my bank on their headed notepaper to confirm they were either going to release the funds into my casino account or not accept the payments so my bank could then release the money back to my account.
I phoned Leo Vegas and explained what they had to do and they just said its nothing to do with us its your bank,which it clearly wasn't as the money had left my account.sorry this is taking so long but I need to get across what happened,so I phoned my bank and said they have no record of the trans and the adviser said well they are lying to you that's the words she used as all 3 have authorisation codes which as everyone knows successful trans she gave me the codes and said all they have to do do is fax us with those 3 codes and say they wont accept the payments then the money would go straight back to me.so I phoned again and was told to email the codes so I did but they still refused to do this,this is what really got to me I can live with mistakes but to blatantly ignore or refuse simple insructions is not on at all and I'm still waiting now.be interesting to see what a rep has to say if theres one here
- The banks might not like to admit it, but mistakes can happen at times, even at their end. It's not impossible to transactions to get interupted and there to be a delay in between the merchant making the request, and the bank completing the transaction. The fact the bank has auth numbers for all 3 deposits and the casino says they have no record of them does seem like a strange way for this kind of thing to pan out though.
I'd guess within 24 hours the funds will either be back in your bank or in your LeoVegas account, and its unlikely it will happen again - as frustrating as it is for you that LeoVegas wouldn't do as you asked in emailing your bank, if they genuinely did not have record of your deposits, the member of staff probably did not have permission to cancel these auth numbers - afterall what if they belonged to another customer who's account details they had not seen and sending that email caused an issue for this other customer.. its all a bit too messy and, whilst its a nuisance for you, especially if your account is now sitting empty, for them sitting it out for a day or two until it all unravels on its own is by far the safest course of action.
- Hi I hear what your saying but the fact remains the fault was with Leo Vegas as the money actually left my account and I know for a fact my bank was not in a position to do anything about it as authorisation codes means a successful transaction it then sits in a holding account for some reason the casino failed to take the money and put it into my casino account bank done their job 3 requests made 3 completed.so no the banks not at fault.its the same as when you buy anything with a debit card in a shop or on line once payment is authorised goods are released or you walk out of the shop with them this is how I know my bank are correct I don't believe Leo Vegas and its because of those codes had there not been any then fair enough but what if I had tried to deposit £1000 and that happened could you afford to lose that for up to 5 days?and not knowing if you will get it back at all!
Sorry but I also disagree with your second point as when this sort of thing happens theres certain protocol to follow and do you really think my bank is going to give me instructions simple ones at that which are not correct.all they had to do was fax my bank but weren't even prepared to do that.
something not right here and leaves me very nervous about a casino where that's can happen and not being concerned enough to do anything about it and I will say I got the impression that they have had this happen on more than one occasion but all this hassle needless to say I wont be depositing again.and I agree with another post about this casino seems very strange everyone praising them like that how much were they paying them.
- I'm not so sure its as clear cut as you think - the money was no longer available for you to spend obviously as you were unable to deposit it at Metro, but it sounds as if they made the pre-authorisation for the funds, but then failed to collect the funds because their system detected the transaction had failed. This is why your bank are unable to do anything, like you say, a debit card transaction is as good as cash, so the funds are immediately unavailable for you to spend again, however at that point, it is infact your bank which still has the money and not LeoVegas!
If the casino has no way to be sure that the authorisation codes you are providing match the specific transactions that you are claiming they do, then their own protocol to follow is no doubt not to send a fax to a bank asking for several unknown transactions to be cancelled on the good word of a customer - its not a case of 'only' faxing the bank for them, they have to be certain that the information they are faxing is correct.
Clearly it's not acceptable that this situation can happen in this way, but the circumstances leading to the rare failure of the transaction to complete at both ends can happen ANYWHERE you choose to make a deposit - infact it can even happen in a store - I've been sent away from Sainsburys empty handed due to card not accepted before, gone outside to the cash machine to grab the cash, and found they had infact taken the money. The store wouldn't budge, telling me their till said it had failed, yet the bank said they had pre-authed the funds so there was nothing they could do until the hold was removed.
I'd recommend you get yourself on-line banking so you can keep a closer eye on your bank, depending who it is, they may even have some facility's that can assist with just this kind of problem - I know for one Halifax in the UK does.
Please don't take me wrongly I understand your frustration and I do agree its not acceptable, particularly if being without the money is causing you a lot of headache - I'm far from rich at the moment myself, but a lot of the time people working in finance have such strict regulations in place that they will end up being almost as frustrated as you yourself at their inability to resolve your issue satisfactorily - perhaps you already guessed, I've worked in the field myself and its more annoying than I can say!
- It is possible for the online casino to get a declined response and the bank to receive and approve the transaction. It sounds like the issue is on the end of the online casino's payment processor. It doesn't necessarily mean that the casino is "lying" to you. They may actually be seeing that the transactions were declined in their system. It's quite common. On the other hand, they could be more accommodating and send the fax so that the bank will release the hold on your funds.
Now, this could all go away on its own and the holds automatically drop off or there is a chance that the transactions will post. In that case you will have to dispute them with your bank or show the casino so they credit your player account. The posting of these transactions will all be based on the payment processor used by the casino. Obviously they got an approval so it's likely they will hit your account.
- I have had declined messages from my bank when depositing to neteller it is normally down to security I just phoned my bank passed the security and told them to lift the block. the best way to combat this is to deposit a big chunk into neteller and play it in segments like 10 or 20 a time. This is what I do.
Hi to you all and many thanks for the posts with different takes on it it's interesting to see most people don't trust banks and tbh my has made mistakes and who can blame people as lets face there the main reason for the mess we've had to endure for the last 5 years.
- Replied by
- at August 16, 2014, 06:44:08
- last active 16 days ago
We'll I have just checked my Leo Vegas account and surprise surprise there's 30 euro in there even tho I only wanted to deposit 10 oh and no 50% second deposit bonus seems strange it's appeared soon after I emailed them the link to this topic.call me cynical but I would like to be proved wrong and if this was just a genuine mistake then fair enough I can live with that.however I remain to be convinced as it happened three times in a row. Like I said many thanks to you all appreciate it.i really don't like to complain but I rate casinos on customer service and if they had been a bit more diplomatic then I would been happy and just let it lie.I'm willing to put this down to a genuine mistake but really hope it dosent happen again or to any of you esp if your depositing a large sum.any way I wish u all luckand big wins!
- Hi all just to let you know that I'm sure now this was genuine computer error not human as the payments department had to manually add the 30 euro.
I noticed that no 50% bonus had been added so I phoned the support and he was more than happy to add the 15 bonus and he couldn't have been more helpful and was sympathetic to the problem so......my view on this casino has a complete about turn and I'm very encouraged so far.
And I lost the money anyway but had a good few hrs play but it's today I logged in to get my 20 free spins on starburst and won about 3.50 so I decided to carry on with the game as it's one of my favourites across all the platforms and I was playing just a 0.50 stake got 2 starburst and something Ive always wanted but never seems to Happy. THE THIRD STARBURST!!with bars on one end and it didn't realise it goes again and the sevens on one end unbelievable!was a total I think of about 90E.
Good luck to you and hope you get some big ones.
- also ich habe bei leo vegas eigentlich nur gutes erlebt ich habe bis jetzt 2 mal da eingezahlt in den knapp 2 jahren die ich da schon angemeldet bin und bekomme regelmäßig free spins per email geschickt.... ich habe schon ganze 3 auszahlungen dort gemacht und außer dem üblichen bedingungen wie identitätsnachw. etc hatte ich keinerlei große mühe ....Rated:
- / 5
- Replied by
- Johnny Karp
- at September 26, 2014, 14:48:29
- last active 2 hrs ago
lcb activities in the last 24 hours
Join the club
- new members
- members online
- guests online
- new posts
- free games played