Anything you think could be improved or is missing from the site.
- Started by
- last active 4 months ago
Readers of this topic also read:
- SpinsVilla Casino are offering 50% cashback on all your deposits between 6th December and 31st...READ
- Forum leagues are great fun but they have to be run. I've run a few poker leagues myself and there is quite a bit of work involved.
You would need to know how many want to play and where the most popular place to play would be and also the max buy in. Some players have small bankrolls and cannot afford expensive buyins.
But it is a great idea nonetheless and I would play in it too!
- Ive talked to LCB Admin about this mini league...and here is the deal..
Is any of you two willing to organize and run the league? also we need more details about how is going to be run.. And you are right, we need to know how many of our members would like to participate in this league.We were thinking at least 12 is the number..
blueday can u share your experience,what does it take to run such forum league.
If any1 else have something to add,have some idea, now is the time to speak.... we are open to suggestions
- Well thinking in US players we need a site whitout a restriction's for US players maybe the league can be in Fulltilt Cake-poker or a site from the merge gamming Family (Carbon-poker - Iron duke - spin32 - reeferpoker etc) and 12 players to begin its OK and now we need know when the players can play Personally i can play all days I'm a poker player
- I have run several poker leagues as previously stated. As long as you have a strict set of rules you should have no problems.
There are many things to consider the first of which is where. As you say - it must be somewhere where there are no restrictions on US and you should also consider Netherlands.
Also when - what is the best day for anyone who is interested.
Names and numbers - you would need to know names on here and poker names along with the number of players who want to play. You also need to decide whether you would let anyone join in the league after it is underway - this will become one of the rules.
Buy in - best to stick to one buy in that ALL are happy with so you probably need to ask anyone interested what they are prepared to pay on the buy-in.
Number of games How many games would you want to play for the entire league season. I found that 12 games was in fact sufficient.
Points structure - What would your points structure be i.e. points for finishing 1st, 2nd, 3rd etc. Would there be any bonus/bounty points - how would you organise these bonus or bounty points.
Scoring - using a spreadsheet to do the scoring is the easiest I found (excel) and post the results each week in a timely manner.
And finally - a very clear set of rules that everyone can understand.
The other thing that is most important is if you decide to have bounty points. An example of bounty points that were very successful to begin with was the top 4 of the previous weeks results had bounty points on their heads. However - a word of warning on bounty points - it did result in some players targetting the players with bounty points on their heads and made the game quite uncomfortable on occasion.
Hope this is of some use to show that there is a fair bit involved in setting it up. The scoring part is easyish providing there is only one person doing it and the results are posted each week so players can check they have been given the right amount of points.
lcb activities in the last 24 hours
Join the club
- new members
- members online
- guests online
- new posts
- free games played
Most viewed forum posts
- Hi LCB'ers,Here is a list of freebies that are not on the weekly code list. This list includes casinos to check your acct, call/email for free chip and casinos not listed here at our forum. I will update this list on...
- Hello dear LCBers,LimoPlay Casino has something special in stored for you!!Each week Vitali, the lovely casino representative from LimoPlay will be posting a new contest. Please subscribe to this thread by clicking on...