Top French Casinos
If you’re looking for the ultimate gaming destination in Europe, France is most definitely your ticket. France has a very long history in the world of gaming and is home to some of the oldest as well as some of the most popular gambling facilities in all of Europe. In fact, the French are known for having made a major contribution to the gambling community in the 17th century, with the invention of the Roulette wheel by French mathematician, Blaise Pascal. The invention ultimately lead to one of the most popular Table Games to date: Roulette.
Today, hundreds of casino spaces are scattered throughout the country, from the streets of Paris to the shores of the French Riviera. Not only is there plenty of cash to be won, but there are numerous stunning sights to be seen, ranging from the Eiffel Tower, to The Louvre and the breathtaking Mediterranean Sea. Visiting this country for the first time can be a bit daunting, especially when it comes to narrowing down the best casinos. Fortunately LCB have done the research for you and have narrowed down some of the best spots to visit.
Below is a list of some of the hottest gaming facilities in France. These can’t-miss Casinos are sure to satisfy every gamer’s needs.
- First up is Palais de la Méditerranée Casino. This particular casino is located in the French Riviera city of Nice. One thing that immediately stands out about this space is their gorgeous décor, which elegantly fuses 1930’s French, Greek and Egyptian accents. It offers a spacious gaming area and is one of the few casinos in the country that offers a hotel on site, allowing you to stay the night just footsteps away from the action. Though the amount of gaming is not significantly large, guests will still have access to over 100 games, including both Slots and tables in the midst of the French Riviera.
- In the heart of the French Riviera is Casino Barriere de Cannes Croisette. It is situated in Cannes, the city which is home to the famous annual Cannes Film Festival. If you prefer a livelier gaming atmosphere, then you will love the bustling ambiance that exudes from this space. With nearly 300 Slot machines, a wide variety of Table Games, three bars and a gourmet restaurant, there is no shortage of fun at this casino.
- Casino Barrière les Princes is also located in Cannes and boasts one of the most noteworthy Slot selections. Guests may select from a number of options, including traditional reel games, Video Slots and Video Poker machines. If Slots are your go-to game, then this location is going to be one of your best bets. Though classic Table Games such as Blackjack, Poker and Roulette can be found as well, they dull in comparison to the over 100 Slot machines. Besides, it gives you an excuse to be right in the heart of the French Riviera, which boasts a number of fine dining establishments, a number of sight-seeing opportunities and frequent festivals right in the middle of a France’s little slice of paradise.
- It’s no surprise here, but this next one sits pretty along the French Riviera as well. However, to mix things up a little, it’s located in the Mandelieu-la Napoule commune. Royal Casino- Mandelieu Napoule is all about the view. It is ideally set along the shores of the Mediterranean Sea, giving guests the unique feel of being on a tropical island, while simultaneously having access to a world of gambling fun. Take your pick from Slots and Table Games and gain access to a wonderful world of luxury, jam-packed with tournament opportunities, live music and dinner shows. The Purple Lounge, the site’s nighttime hot spot, is a must!
- Lyon Vert Casino takes us off the beaten path just a little bit, offering a setting that lies just between the larger cities of Paris and Marseilles. Despite its more laidback location, it actually holds the coveted title of the largest casino in all of France, with over 400 games up for grabs. When it comes to quantity, you can’t beat this gaming facility. With hundreds of Slot machines and Table Games like Roulette, Poker and Blackjack, the options are virtually endless.
- Finally, Casino Barrière d'Enghien-les-Bains will take you to the northern, upscale suburbs of Paris. In fact, the casino is just a short drive from the centre of Paris. Catch glimpses of the scenic lake of Enghien, enjoy some of the finest French cuisine and get a feel for classic Parisian culture. Not only does the location stand out for this one, but guests will have access to more than just gaming inside this casino. Yes, you will find a variety of themed Slots and Table Games, but how many can say that they are equipped with a movie theater as well? Gaming, dinner, drinks… and a show? You’ll find all that and more at Casino Barrière d'Enghien-les-Bains.
Next time you travel to France with gaming in mind, you can do so confidently with this list of the top casinos in the entire country.